Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread:

Noobie

Default Hello from Jersey!

Hey everyone,

I picked up a red 2001 Blast back in December of 2013. 6800 miles and absolutely filthy! Wouldn't start of course, but since it was late at night, freezing out, and I got the seller down to $1000, since he swore it "was just running last week!!"

Got it home, reattached the carb to the manifold and she roared to life! Has the Buell Pro Series intake and exhaust, so "roar" is pretty accurate. My first ride around my block will be one of my best memories! Anyhow, then came the longest winter that I can remember. I had new Pirellis mounted, I changed all the fluids, the rocker box cover gasket, and primary gasket. Ran fine for a while like that, then I had to deal with a stuck transmission. Fixed that, fast forward a few weeks, and now it won't start. So, I'm going for a Superboot! and keeping my fingers crossed, since I'm getting spark, compression, and "cleaned" the carbs. (I only removed the bowl, and sprayed cleaner in there, no worries!) I even added some Seafoam to the tank, to keep everything good and gunk-free.

So, that's me. I've been lurking since December, and have already used some of your great advice, so I'd like to thank you all for that!

Ride safe!
    Vito

Noobie

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NOinbkZl.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	4078
    This was from night 1. Told ya she was beat up! I had forgotten until just now that I had replaced all the indicators. And I also installed the Iridium racing spark plug. I can't seem to find the latest pictures.. but she looks much healthier now.

Welcome to the forum.

How old is the gasoline in your tank?

Kenny G

Noobie

Thanks for the welcome!

Kenny - last weekend I cleaned the carb, drained the tank, soaked the filter in Seafoam, then filled the tank with brand new premium+Seafoam.

yup - classic red - my friends 2000 has the 2004 sunset red bodywork on it.
    EZ

- - - Updated - - -

LOL - the pro series is the quietest aftermarket exhaust made for a Blast.
    EZ

Where you located in jersey? I'm in Delaware, also are you going to bike week in September?

Welcome to the forum!

Jac you're pretty close to where I meet up with the NJ Buell Owners in Lafayette.
    Love riding in north Jersey alot of awesome twisty's.

An what bike week an where is it that you are talking about.
    Dan

"My Ride Pics - 501CR"
    http://buellridersonline.com/forum/m...mpe/albums/39/

"Dan's Price List" Click on the link:
    http://buellridersonline.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=7730

Click here to enlarge

(845) 341-7274 Call or Text

Oh Duh lol "Roar to the shore" Wildwood, NJ lol and yeah only about two and a half hours away from Lafayette, not bad considering your from ny lol

Noobie

ez - Really?? My friend lives 4 streets over and claims he knows exactly when I'm starting it up. I can only imagine how loud the V&H or Jardine must be.

jac - I'm in Monroe, central Jersey. Roar to the Shore sounds cool, but I need to get her running first!