Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread:

I actually never had much issue w/ the auto e / I would just let it sit n idle a bit n warm up, then take off.. This season seemed to bring me the boot popping off issues, tearing issues.. Backfires that blow the boot off, and in between it runs ok.. Maybe next season will be a little better.. Maybe..

Guys,

Today it was 70 degrees and after riding for 45 minutes I stopped and turned the idle mix screw out 1/8 turn and that appears to have corrected the idle. I wasn't steady enough to adjust the screw with the engine running so I turned off the engine to make the adjustment.

Incidentally the new rear tire is feeling better all the time.

Kenny G
    *** 2009 Blast *** V&H Exhaust *** Dan's Intake System Along With Recommended Jetting By Dan *** Yellow Skins Purchased, New Old Stock, From Dealers Who Used Yellow Blasts For Riders Edge ***
    *** Pirelli Diablo Tire Front *** Pirelli ST 66 140 70S 16 Tire Rear***

*** Hope To Work On Suspension Next ***

Good to hear about the rear tire....I think a ST-66 is in my future when I change out this rear tire in a couple of thousand miles.

What's crazy is I think I'm going to go three rear tires for the one front tire. It's still in great shape after 9,000 miles.

Jay,

The Diablo on the front of my Blast still looks good.

I am not anxious to ride in the rain, and I try to avoid rain, but as far back as the early 1970's I have used Pirelli tires and always had good results in the rain.

This ST 66 tire feels good on the rough corners on rural roads so I am optimistic.

Kenny G
    *** 2009 Blast *** V&H Exhaust *** Dan's Intake System Along With Recommended Jetting By Dan *** Yellow Skins Purchased, New Old Stock, From Dealers Who Used Yellow Blasts For Riders Edge ***

Diablo front with the ST66 rear is probably the best mileage all around combo, with outright handling still going to the Diablo combo. So far no new tires in our size though their are new scooters carrying our sizes.
    EZ

hows the Yellow Blastard holding up, Kenny?
    SOLD - 2005 Blast - Blast Build Thread

08 XB12S - XB12S Build Thread

Hello William,

The Yelo Blastard is holding up fine. I have been riding the Suzuki Savage that I acquired last Thanksgiving quite a bit lately.

Kenny G