Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread:

The German mirror really looks nice and the Germans can teach you how to spend money like you never have before. LOL

Back in the 1960's Tex from Lancaster Harley adapted a mirror to fit on Sportsters that looked like the German setup. I think I paid $6.00 for it and I was making $3.00 an hour back in the day.

Kenny G

Buell XBlast: NRHS Xb Stage 2 lite, 515 10.5:1, .551 cam, Daytona Twin 1005s-Ex, Vance Hines, Crossroads Fork Brace + Rearsets. Pirelli Rubber
    Buell XB9r: Race ECM/Muffler. K&N

The Boss
    (Admin)

What did your engine inhale??

I have Rex's old head laying around. No idea what I'd sell it for or how much shipping would be, but if you want it just make an offer. It has RevPerf beehive springs in it.
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:
    2003 Blast (Blue), 2001 XBlast (Rex), 2007 XB9R Firebolt (Bolt)

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!

you can see in this view how not centered the intake valve was in the head. the exhaust valve isnt as bad but this head might not be salvageable
    Buell XBlast: NRHS Xb Stage 2 lite, 515 10.5:1, .551 cam, Daytona Twin 1005s-Ex, Vance Hines, Crossroads Fork Brace + Rearsets. Pirelli Rubber

The Boss
    (Admin)

Who did the head work?
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:
    2003 Blast (Blue), 2001 XBlast (Rex), 2007 XB9R Firebolt (Bolt)

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!

NRHS in late 09

How many miles did it last?

Posted from my Buell using Buell Riders Online mobile app

And I can't seem to find if you pulled the head because of rough running or just a rebuild, why did you pull the head in the first place? And symptoms?

bout 2500 miles. symptoms were: ALWAYS hard to start then almost imposible to start. then only started with starting fluid. would not hold idle. alawys had to hold throttle open to keep bike running. low vacuum in intake. low compression when tested. pulled the head and found valves not sealing

Ok that makes sense then, guessing the head wasn't inspected after coming back from nhrs? When I got my new head I inspected before and after head work to make sure nothing went wrong while it was away from me.