Default Styxnpicks xb9r Firebolt

I guess since I'm riding it and modding it I should make a Build thread

so heres what my bike looked like when it was for sale by the first owner:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HmY8Y7g.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	48.4 KB 
ID:	3491

The second owner bought it ditched the belt guards and went back to the stock tail retained most of the ugly tho.

I bought it for $2650 with around 6800 miles on it from the second owner. I took a whopping two pics the night it came home:

and of course less than 24 hours later I had it torn apart:

I put the buell stickers on the airbox and removed all the silly stickers on the bike. adjusted the primary, checked fluids & critical fasteners, fixed the low beam and cleaned the bike:

I don't have many pics between then and now but I got the seat cowl on, updated airbox lid for more power, heli bars, hid low beam, carbon fiber right side scoop, updated projectors and a new dash. I just finished the Black 3m reflective tape and I DID remember to take pics:

without flash:

with flash:

without flash:

with flash:

without flash:

with flash:
    Last edited by styxnpicks; 05-05-2014 at 05:33 PM.
    Buell XBlast: NRHS Xb Stage 2 lite, 515 10.5:1, .551 cam, Daytona Twin 1005s-Ex, Vance Hines, Crossroads Fork Brace + Rearsets. Pirelli Rubber
    Buell XB9r: Race ECM/Muffler. K&N

The Boss
    (Admin)

That's a nice looking XB9R you have there!
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:
    2003 Blast (Blue), 2001 XBlast (Rex), 2007 XB9R Firebolt (Bolt)

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!

Man that xb9 looks nice, guy that originally owned stickered it out like an idiot . Nice u bought it and saved it ..

The first owner bought it to be a track bike. He put the sharksinz fairing, stickers and 1500 miles on it and then sold it to the second owner when he realized it couldn't hang with the literbikes on the track. second owner I bought it from was a real cool guy. wanted money for a car he was after. I couldn't pass it up considering it had the Buell Race ECU, Muffler and Filter in it with the sharkskinz fairings. The silly stickers had to go. cept for the powered by Harley Davidson one. I like that. it can stay
    Buell XBlast: NRHS Xb Stage 2 lite, 515 10.5:1, .551 cam, Daytona Twin 1005s-Ex, Vance Hines, Crossroads Fork Brace + Rearsets. Pirelli Rubber

co-worker took some pics yesterday:

Was playing with a thermal imaging camera. warmed up for about 5 minutes and rode hard for 5 minutes. now I know why my right leg always cooks

That fairing is sweet!

well it didn't take long, had my gear for maybe a month and I got to test it out. I was on my way to work and went to pass a car that was going too slow in the fast lane. I darted to the middle lane and was going to squeeze on by but my tires caught a MASSIVE truck rut on the left side of the middle lane. It threw me and my bike down around 80-85 mph. I slid at least 450 feet coming to rest face down looking at the center divider. The bike slid about 480 feet before coming to a stop in the fast lane. I was able to get up and walk away with bruised ribs, right thumb, and left knee and I minor road rash on my left arm and wrist. The pics tell the rest of the story

Last edited by styxnpicks; 04-21-2014 at 01:17 PM.

Where did you purchase the Buell decals?

Got em off ebay a while ago. Dunno the part number