Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread:

Quote Originally Posted by piratius View Post
    Awesome! It's the reversion that causes the gas to drip out of the airbox, don't know if the bigger jets will help or hurt.

Glad it's back together!
    I was able to get it out for about 15 minutes over lunch before i couldn't take it no more, i froze my ass off.

It seems like the jetting is helping already. Before there was A LOT of hesitation when i would throttle down all the way at lugging or mid RPM, now there is hardly any hesitation at all. I was luggin it down then opening up throttle and it had no problems and not backfiring or popping in the airbox before the power would kick in.
    There was no noticeable drips of gas coming out of the air box nor a strong smell of gas, and i couldn't find any wet spots around the edges of it. Didn't have time to take the air box off and see if there was a puddle but will do that tomorrow when i have more time.

Also my speedometer randomly quit working, then started working again, then quit.. It happened the last time I rode it too, is there some kind of speedo sensor or module that goes bad?
    Last edited by xdxkeimx; 01-17-2014 at 08:55 PM.

The Boss
    (Admin)

The wiring behind the headlight/speedo can get cramped and cause issues. Reach back there and push/pull on the harness and it should help.
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:
    2003 Blast (Blue), 2001 XBlast (Rex), 2007 XB9R Firebolt (Bolt)

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!

The speedo sensor is by the drive pulley on top of the case with an allenhead holding it on.
    With all the crap you had in the trans pull it out an clean it off to.
    Dan

"My Ride Pics - 501CR"
    http://buellridersonline.com/forum/m...mpe/albums/39/

"Dan's Price List" Click on the link:
    http://buellridersonline.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=7730

Click here to enlarge

(845) 341-7274 Call or Text

Finally got some good riding in. Did a little bit of everything, 50 mile round trip at highway speeds, then cruised around town all afternoon with lots of stop and go and full throttle.
    The bike ran really smooth in general, no hesitations or backfires etc. It also sounded really good.
    The spedometer quit working almost entirely. It was working on and off when i started, then got worse. The needle would jump around quite a bit, then by the end of the day it wasn't moving at all or barely jumping just to around 5mph. The odometer also wasnt working whenever the speedo didn't work, but worked fine when the spedo was. I tried movin some wires around but gonna have to get in there and check all the wires and check the wires around speedo sensor.
    There is no more gas dripping out of the airbox, but there is still some seaping out around the seal of the airbox. Since the bike ran really good, this doesn't worry me too much, but of course would be nice if no gas at all came out.
    My concern with the gas deal is that i want to get Dan's custom intake, but not sure if this gas deal will cause any problems with it since there is only one place for that gas to go, right into the air filter. Also a question on Dan's intake, would i need the catch can breather with it too, or what do u recommend ?

I recommend the full kit from Dan with the outerwears filter - that and a good exhaust - not a V&H - will practically eliminate reversion. Get the 45 primary jet - 42 way too lean. Try cleaning the speedo sensor as Dan suggested - if that doesn't work buy a new sensor.
    EZ

Checked all the wires behind the speedo, unplugged them and rearranged, everything looked ok. Also took off the speedo sensor and cleaned it. Went around the block and nothin, so i'll try the new speedo sensor next.

Noobie

Quote Originally Posted by ezblast View Post
    I recommend the full kit from Dan with the outerwears filter - that and a good exhaust - not a V&H - will practically eliminate reversion. Get the 45 primary jet - 42 way too lean. Try cleaning the speedo sensor as Dan suggested - if that doesn't work buy a new sensor.
    EZ
    Why not the Vance and hynes

Posted from my Buell using Buell Riders Online mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Cabinetmaker View Post
    Why not the Vance and hynes

It is just louder then stock, the flow is not as good as the Jardine

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Noobie

Works pretty decent on my bike