Page 1 of 74 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread:

2. Default The Rebirth of Vader! And the adventure continues!

1) New racing irridium plug and wire - sparkplug.com and autozone
    2) Gaskets - thinner than stock, 1.725 ratio rockers and jims lifters - all from Hammer's Perf.
    3) Front 7" PROJECTOR HALOGEN MOTORCYCLE AMBER LED HALO LIGHT BULB HEADLIGHT For: Harley - Ebay
    4) Thumpe Fork brace - Black, spitccan, boots - two -
    5) Shorai battery and charger/maintenance system -
    6) Weld bung in for AF -
    7) Wheels - Paint, replace bearings, and new tires, balance free at cyclegear
    8) Rustoleum Flat Black paint for wheels, frame inc tail, swing-arm, lower forks and tree
    9) Exhaust 2000 Rustoleum Flat Black ceramic paint for exhaust and 4" Supertrapp can & clamp
    10) Paint supplies - HD
    11) Legendary-Motorcycles GPS Speedometer and Tach - customize alum. dash to fit that plus Innovation WB AF gauge - or use own
    12) Corbin custom single XBS gunfighter with 3" deeper pocket with Blast release customized
    13) Rhino tank covering to smooth into one piece - show em Conti picture for idea
    14)XBLights tail light Clear #5
    15) Misc. - For eng.parts and carb. - Intell-a-jet, Jets, Seafoam, shifter, pegs, etc. - stuff
    16) Tags and Ins.

What I've been doing:

Note: New Vader is a stock 2006 Blue Blast with a worn V&H, a busted chain tensioner - primary too tight, and 21,000 commuter freeway miles on it, and it shifts like butter - lol

Tearing apart wreck for donor parts for the new Blast Vader. Put old Vader motor on table to prep for teardown to donate engine parts to New Vader. Starting teardown of new Vader to prep for XBS tail, dropping engine for teardown and rebuild as well.
    I have three carbs and extra carb parts sitting on another table for working on.

All of this goes slowly since my shoulder and knee allow only so much work each day before pain says no more, but there is progress each week, so I can not complain.

By the time I'm done, the bike will be even lighter (as will I - lol), will have more power - of course, and will be a unique naked Cafe and canyon dancer - perfect for it's intended purpose. I'm really starting to enjoy the process - since my plans will include new bearings, isolators - gonna try the big twin's aftermarket version, and other misc. stuff - it will be like a new bike!
    EZ

- - - Updated - - -

The Engine bits:
    515cc silver jug Nicsil with 10.5 comp piston and light stage two head with ti valves,stems, retainers - stock size exhaust, slightly larger than stock intake - was the smallest Ti valve they had ever cut down to - lol - they could do no smaller, with a complete port and polish flow job done to the head, with springs originally set for up to 600 lift but will only be doing the 550 area with the B70 cam and ratio rockers - but comfortably - adding Jims lifters, and Hammer's 1.725 ratio rockers - with the cometic thinner gaskets comp should be visiting the 11.0 area, Energy-One clutch kit, SE Ignition, customized intake, carb, and exhaust will complete this happy combo and should make for many miles of smiles.

As I get into them I will break down my specific mods to the carb, suspension, style of the bike - my goal is a naked modern cafe streetfighter - looking forward to achieving it as well!
    EZ

4. Default

Sounds sweet .. Hope your taking plenty pics ....
    2002 blast..
    Just click my name for photos

thumper FAQ

My Youtube Page

6. Default

I will when it starts to get interesting - right now I'm just tearing down a bunch of stuff - the old Vader front end - since it already has the Works spring kit and Race Tech Gold Valve Emulators, and 7.5 fork oil already set up in it, as well as the ss braided line, will swap places with the stock unit - keeping the stock light bucket but adding the Profi-clip-ons - add fork brace, Galfer pads, adjustable levers, and the front suspension is done. The Works shock will replace the stocker shock in the rear. While all that happens, the painting of the wheels and frames, and exhaust system will also happen - all to be in a rustoleum flat black product - lol
    EZ

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ezblast View Post
    I will when it starts to get interesting - right now I'm just tearing down a bunch of stuff - the old Vader front end - since it already has the Works spring kit and Race Tech Gold Valve Emulators, and 7.5 fork oil already set up in it, as well as the ss braided line, will swap places with the stock unit - keeping the stock light bucket but adding the Profi-clip-ons - add fork brace, Galfer pads, adjustable levers, and the front suspension is done. The Works shock will replace the stocker shock in the rear. While all that happens, the painting of the wheels and frames, and exhaust system will also happen - all to be in a rustoleum flat black product - lol
    EZ
    Sounds great.. Can't wait to see it ... Gonna get you doing video soon to ..lol
    2002 blast..

thumper FAQ

My Youtube Page

11. Default

Alot of good info there should be sweet when it's done EZ.

Them Jims lifters come in sets of four?
    Dan

"My Ride Pics - 501CR"
    http://buellridersonline.com/forum/m...mpe/albums/39/

"Dan's Price List" Click on the link:
    http://buellridersonline.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=7730

Click here to enlarge

(845) 341-7274 Call or Text

13. Default

They sell the PowerGlides 2 in single - thank goodness - two are 225 total - if I didn't run to 8000 so much this would not be an issue, the stock are fine for the occasional venture to 8000, but peace of mind from that not even being an issue is priceless.
    EZ

15. Default

How's it going with the bike .. N you..?
    2002 blast..

thumper FAQ

My Youtube Page

17. Default

Starting to paint parts - lol - got an epidermal today - did'nt do much, but pain was at a minimum as well. Finishing building a raised bed for the wife, waterproof staining takes time to seal in all the pieces - but look to finish this week - it has to be high enough so that bending isn't that bad - that's some wood - using treated redwood as the base material.
    EZ

19. Default

Here you go buddy alittle eye candy.
    Here's your updated Catch Can Top n Bottom Breather. lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails securedownload (78).jpg   securedownload (79).jpg  
    Last edited by Thumpe; 01-09-2014 at 07:23 AM.
    Dan

"My Ride Pics - 501CR"
    http://buellridersonline.com/forum/m...mpe/albums/39/

"Dan's Price List" Click on the link:
    http://buellridersonline.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=7730

Click here to enlarge

(845) 341-7274 Call or Text