Page 3 of 75 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread:

Lee - the extra clean discs will be helping to dissipate sound.

Finally freed up all the wires for cutting and welding - need to buy a sheet of alum. for the bottom of seat area and the WBAF Gauge face to fit in twin gauge housing. Broke into primary to confirm busted Tensioner - yes!!!! This 06 was just used as a commuter - period. She is so cherry mechanically I am the first to touch her primary. She soooo cherry - she love me loooong time. Now to rebuild her clutch with the Pro - One kit for a tad extra acceleration boost, clean up the inside, then button her up. Then I'll be working on the rearsets - ASB sent me a one piece shift shift-arm/toe piece lever to replace the two piece unit that was bent - I will draw a to size outline of that on a piece of letter size paper so folks can copy that and have an easier shift mechanism to make for shifting using simple bolt on straight pegs. When Lee gets here the game begins in ernest, but knowing that the bike I'll be working on is practically cherry - that's priceless news!!!!!
    EZ

Awesome to hear! I'm jealous all you guys in California can do your thing and help each other out!

That has always been a tradition among Buell owners, because there are not a lot of owners and dealership support has always been low - we have always helped and supported one another - see -
    http://www.badweatherbikers.com/cgib...&lm=1394201685
    the only Motorcycle brand with an owner emergency support group. The whole reason Buells have so many LSRs records is because of fellow support of Buellers on the Salt and tracks - nicknamed Team Buell Elves - lol
    This board carries on with that spirit and is why I really like and support it as well.
    EZ

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gunk.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	3537
    That's where the majority of plastic goes with a shredded tensioner - so while rebuilding the clutch I'm dis-assembling the rotor and chain and clutch to clean out everything primary side so when everything is back together, gunk won't jam stuff up. the motor may have 21000 miles on it, but by the time I'm done - it will be better than new.

How many times do I have to say - "It is better to have your primary a bit loose, than too tight at all, even a little too tight is bad in the long run.
    EZ

I had a timing chain on my old Jeep. It ran so loose that there was like an inch of slop between the gears (they were only 6-8" apart, center to center). It never gave me any problems!

Too tight and it'll wear through the tension shoes, hurt the chain, and gunk up everything!

The Boss
    (Admin)

Wow
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:
    2003 Blast (Blue), 2001 XBlast (Rex), 2007 XB9R Firebolt (Bolt)

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!

Today - back to getting that rotor off - finish clean up and rebuild and put back together.
    EZ

Hey - any other tips on loosening up a rotor that refuses to let go - tried heat, and more penetrating oil - it just doesn't want to budge, I really don't want to cut it off, but I'm getting to that point.
    EZ

More heat!

Too much heat will just fuse the metals, or make them brittle or warp, starting to look like cutting it may be it - lol
    EZ