Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread:

Default 35.67" Kit Upgrade on Buell Blast

I've official paid for the 88" kit. I've included the invoice. Also, pretty much my final step before I can ship out the case to be bored, pressing the crankshaft out of the case.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 88 Kit Invoice.jpg  
    Last edited by just_some_dude; 11-20-2012 at 11:43 PM.

The Boss
    (Admin)
  3. Default

Can't wait!!!
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:
    2003 Blast (Blue), 2001 XBlast (Rex), 2007 XB9R Firebolt (Bolt)

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!

5. Default

we need to meet up after you have this all together
    Buell XBlast: NRHS Xb Stage 2 lite, 515 10.5:1, .551 cam, Daytona Twin 1005s-Ex, Vance Hines, Crossroads Fork Brace + Rearsets. Pirelli Rubber
    Buell XB9r: Race ECM/Muffler. K&N

The Boss
    (Admin)
  7. Default

So did you buy a FULL 88" kit (two jugs and two pistons) or just half (one of everything)?

Nevermind. I could just look at the invoice under "Quantity". lol
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:
    2003 Blast (Blue), 2001 XBlast (Rex), 2007 XB9R Firebolt (Bolt)

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!

I am down with meeting up.

Yeah, if it was a 'full kit' I'd be spending double the price .

10. Default

Sounds like fun ahead, don't forget the pro-series oil gear pump, I'd pay a tad extra for some basic head work - 3 angle port, polish - nothing fancy, besides squish, will really help in power delivery, and since they don't have to balance off a rear head, the job is a lot easier to do.
    EZ

12. Default

I second the oil pump, gear.. and headwork, i'd recomend a stage 2 light minimum! bigger valves and reworked ports with oem beehive springs would be perfect for .551's or .536's, if you want a bigger cam your gonna need different springs tho
    Buell XBlast: NRHS Xb Stage 2 lite, 515 10.5:1, .551 cam, Daytona Twin 1005s-Ex, Vance Hines, Crossroads Fork Brace + Rearsets. Pirelli Rubber
    Buell XB9r: Race ECM/Muffler. K&N

14. Default

I would do the SE 575's or even a large RedShift cam set.
    The cams NRHS tested came in at SE.551's < SE.536's < SE.575's for top end power with almost no variance before the last 1000-1500 RPM, and you are adding 10+ cubic inches. Regardless of target RPM, that setup will need some serious lungs.
    And make sure your oiling system is reworked. That sucker will generate some heat, and a $89 brass gear is a lot cheaper than a new 44"!
    Also, you're gonna need a Huge exhaust lol!

You guys need to check out some of Hammer's post in the XL forum. Since HD stop giving shops a discount on parts, they have said F-it and are developing some interesting cam profiles. I think in the end, HD throwing the aftermarkets shops out will benefit the XL/Buell aftermarket.

Yeah, I wanted to save head work for the future, maybe this winter? I know I won't be able to get the most out of it, but saves costs for now. Also, not sure what cams I am going to go with yet. Right now I am using XB cams at 7500 rpm, about as high as I can go with the cams & springs. When I upgrade the head I'll definitely get new springs, but likely get different cams.

Good advice on the oil pump, I didn't think about that. I will get one. It is just the gear, then?

Maybe I should change the title to 44" kit.
    Last edited by just_some_dude; 09-06-2012 at 05:41 PM.