Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread:

2. Default Velocity Stack Variations

Since ASB is discontinuing their velocity stack - I hunted for other options and found these -
    Velocity Stack Filters
    I found this - if you can find less expensive, and workable - please post - lets find the next generation in Buell Blast Velocity Stack!
    EZ

The Boss
    (Admin)
  4. Default

I'm actually designing one with a built in splitter, built by a rapid prototyper. Link when I'm allowed back on the computer.
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:
    2003 Blast (Blue), 2001 XBlast (Rex), 2007 XB9R Firebolt (Bolt)

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!

6. Default

lol

The Boss
    (Admin)
  8. Default

Here's what I'm working on:

Shapeways | Blast Skunkworks by lfried

Anything there is available for purchase, just select your material and pay for it.

It's still being designed and what-not.
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!

10. Default

How about plastic like the old ASB - to keep weight to a minimum?
    EZ

The Boss
    (Admin)
  12. Default

Plastic is available.

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:

Like us on Facebook!

Racer
  14. Default

I always liked the Roland Sands design velocity stack in black. It is expensive though.

16. Default

Jet, how does the outerwears filter fit on that? It looks almost like the elastic band would wrap around the outer lip and hold itself on! Seems to be a good price, either way. Is there any way you could try to snag a prototype for 'testing?'
    I have an ASB Stack and a splitter, but this seems to be another nice setup... I would consider selling my Buell Pro Series w/K&N for enough to buy this and test it.
    Also, how does the idle air hole work? Seems like it would be fine, but I'm curious if the length would be okay.
    This setup seems to be the best overall option, since it has a splitter and everything built into it. A nice one-stop-shop.

If rapid prototyping, would it be possible to have the stack opening be at a diagonal away from a rider's leg? It seems like this would alow for a larger eliptical opening for the stack filter (more filter surface area) and it could smothly taper to a cylindrical bore to provide even flow/velocity for air at the carb inlet. Seems like this would minimize your leg obstructing the direct flow into the intake's inlet and exposure to weather when parked. Of course, this would require an eliptical filter from outerwares, but they seem to make filters to order.

I'm sure this would create some turbulant effect to the air passing through the intake, but I assume it would be minimal. Or is there a blatent flaw in this design concept?

The Boss
    (Admin)
  19. Default

lol, yeah it's not finished guys! I'm still doing a lot of design and molding in Revit and Inventor. That's just the preliminary concept. It actually takes a lot of effort to get it from the program into the prototyping format for upload, so that's just a concept. I'll see about getting it updated later this week.

That's just showing that I am working on an alternative, though!

gmd - I've been toying with the idea making one that's turned down, or opens down, that uses existing filters (to keep cost down).

What's really awesome is that if you want, you can have it made in differing materials from plastic, to aluminum-infused, to stainless steel infused ... or even gold-plated-stainless if you want!

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:

Like us on Facebook!