Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread:

yep... if you have to split the cases its either time to find a new bike or time to get the 600cc kit going
    Buell XBlast: NRHS Xb Stage 2 lite, 515 10.5:1, .551 cam, Daytona Twin 1005s-Ex, Vance Hines, Crossroads Fork Brace + Rearsets. Pirelli Rubber
    Buell XB9r: Race ECM/Muffler. K&N

The Boss
    (Admin)

Yes, you have to split the case to get to the trans.
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:
    2003 Blast (Blue), 2001 XBlast (Rex), 2007 XB9R Firebolt (Bolt)

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!

You can totally strip down that side before case splitting and get to 80 percent of the transmission - then you can decide if you wan to split the case. Then you could get at the drum as well, no splitting. Check drum pin length, and back of detent plate for wear, new clips - use 2 if you can - should be the new blue ti.

EZ

? I don't understand how you can get to 80% on the tranny? What I am seeing is the primary cover, then the case. No in between. Am I missing something?

You have to go in the other side, and remove everything, besides glue and a few bolts 2 pressed in bearings and a starter are also holding it together. Because of that gears 3 and 5 are not really accessible - forgot why, but everything else is. That means you could replace drum, most of the bearings and gears, button back up and go - in theory. I really should talk to TP about this some more.
    EZ

Thanks. I am just taking the whole thing apart and going to bore the case as well :2thumbup:

You'll need a press to properly split the case in the end - see manual.
    EZ

Yeah, wish I never sold my press

Looks like I only have to press the crank out to be able to bore. Don't think I have to remove bearings. I may remove the tranny as well.

Can anyone confirm if the XB trans is any different than the Blast trans? Could I use the XB trans? Or any other trans that fit into the Blast? Any suggestions on changing gearing, etc.?

The Boss
    (Admin)

If you go to taller gears, you're lessening your torque output at the wheel.

Unless you have cash burning a hole in your pocket, I'd keep the Blast trans and maybe change to a gear-drive output where you can adjust ratio easier.
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:
    2003 Blast (Blue), 2001 XBlast (Rex), 2007 XB9R Firebolt (Bolt)

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!