Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread:

Is there a front and back of the NRHS 515 piston or is it bi-directional

- - - Updated - - -

Also the Cometic gaskets are probably for an 883 because I see two of everything. I notice the “beaded” side of the base gasket face down—is this correct? How are the camshafts to be oriented. And where my new DTT ignition has differently color-coded wiring do I still use my old Deutsch connector. What wires go where if so?

The Boss
    (Admin)

There should be an arrow on the top of the piston. Orient the piston to point towards the front wheel.

If there is no arrow, then the larger valve relief is the intake, which is at the rear.

If your gaskets are 883, they won't fit. 883 was a 3" bore, a Blast is 3.5". You likely have 1200 gaskets, which is perfectly fine. Also, Cometic's come with instructions, follow those to the letter.

What DTT ignition do you have?
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:
    2003 Blast (Blue), 2001 XBlast (Rex), 2007 XB9R Firebolt (Bolt)

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!

The Boss
    (Admin)

Also, here's a PDF of Andrews installation instructions.

http://www.andrewsproducts.com/files/assets/Blast-1.pdf
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:
    2003 Blast (Blue), 2001 XBlast (Rex), 2007 XB9R Firebolt (Bolt)

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!