Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread:

2. Default

I can understand trying to heighten efficiency in a wide range of conditions, but I would rather spend my money on developing an EFI system capable of doing so than bother over-engineering antiquated tech any day, as HD has done for years.

The Boss
    (Admin)
  4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongway View Post
    as HD has done for years.
    lol, so why stop now?!

I agree though; EFI is the way to go.

However, doing it on the cheap is even better. remove the slide and smooth out the bore in the carb and you've got a 40mm throttle body already.
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:
    2003 Blast (Blue), 2001 XBlast (Rex), 2007 XB9R Firebolt (Bolt)

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!

6. Default

The software is the hard part anyway. Anyone know a good OEM parts place besides Buellster?

The Boss
    (Admin)
  8. Default

Glendale Harley's Check Out

Just type in your part number.

Awesome guys right there!
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:
    2003 Blast (Blue), 2001 XBlast (Rex), 2007 XB9R Firebolt (Bolt)

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!

10. Default

Why would the throttle bodies off of an xb9 be so difficult to use? It seems like if anything would work, that would be it.

There is one throttle body that goes into 2 cylinders. So on side of the throttle body needs to be basically cut off.

13. Default

Oh yeah, I forget harley engines are all arranged that way. A lot of imports i've seen have a separate throttle body for each cylinder, or a separate carb for each cylinder. Harley seems to always do two from one.

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by just_some_dude View Post
    There is one throttle body that goes into 2 cylinders. So on side of the throttle body needs to be basically cut off.
    The DDFI2/3 off of an XB is down draft, so it needs a lot more modification than that. The X1 TB with DDFI2/3 would be the way to go, if you could make it work. But again, this is a lot of money unless you are looking for a ton of power with drivability. A Mikuni HSR42 would be nicer for fuelling and less expensive (and 90 second needle changes), but it's still a carb.
    Moral of the story: someone needs to bite the bullet, so we can all set up a group buy haha. I feel it especially since I'm in the CO foothills. By the time I get to the canyon, I've gone up almost 1000ft elevation, ten minutes from my house.

17. Default

Yeah - When I lived in the Springs, the elevation changes killed my poor Cali S-10 - but a Mikuni would still be a good idea, if you carried the extra jets - in CO - you'd become an expert, and could then change them at a stop light - lol

EZ

I may be on my way to FI. I ordered a BMW F650GS Throttle Body for $60 after shipping.

If the body works, I'll start gathering the remaining parts. The control unit will probably be an additional $200 at the least.

We'll see what it all looks like when the body gets here. I think it is 43mm.