Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread:

Racer
  2. Default Speedometer Help

The speedometer on my 2002 Blast has stopped working. The neutral and turn signal lights still work but no speed or odometer readings. What can I do to see if it is the speedometer or a sensor that is feeding the speedometer? Any help would be appreciated.

4. Default

Youll have to go to the speed sensor mounted on the back right Cornner on the engine case, (key on) check for power (8-12 volts) at the red wire on the bike side of the speed sensor connector, then check for continuity to frame (ground) on the black wire.

If your getting power and have continuity from the black wire to the frame your speed sensor is most likly bad

Does the odometer work?

Speed sensor location

Racer
  6. Default

The odometer does not work either.

8. Default

i had to replace the speed sensor a while back. the needle would bounce all over the place.. but I also had the speedo die on me long after the sensor was replaced. the odometer was dead and the needle wouldnt read anything.. I just bought a used one of ebay and called it a day.
    Buell XBlast: NRHS Xb Stage 2 lite, 515 10.5:1, .551 cam, Daytona Twin 1005s-Ex, Vance Hines, Crossroads Fork Brace + Rearsets. Pirelli Rubber
    Buell XB9r: Race ECM/Muffler. K&N

10. Default

Do you have a wire diagram? It sounds like the speedo is bad or you lost power to the speedo, could be either!

the speedo on my blast went on the wonk last night. the bottom of the dial went dark and the needle has been bouncing all over when it does anything at all. I'll start with looking at the connections to everything and making sure it has a good ground, then its time to pull the sensor and if thats still not where the problem lies then its time to look at the voltage out of the regulator and make sure its in range and there is no stray AC. before thinking about replacing the gauge

ok so a couple weeks ago i replaced the speed sensor and speedo, everything worked ok for a few weeks and then went dead again, im at a loss and hope that someone other buell rider out there can help me out

my bike is doing something like this, but i think its a short in the wiring behind the speedo. I was told this was the problem area by the previous owner. I can wiggle the wire and get it to start working. Is there a wire i can jump out or bypass to solve the problem? I cant figure out which wire is what........

If i were to replace the speedo, will it show the correct miles for the bike? or is the mileage stored in the speedo?