Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread:

No - but you will need a 1 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 1/16" piece of steel with rounded 1 1/2" edges.
    EZ

Alright, thanks, EZ. I will use a 4" U-bolt end piece that I've seen used before.

Round the edges in contact with the gears.
    EZ

I ended up using a 4.5" hex head bolt with a nut attached to it. Works very well, especially since I can change the nut's position to adjust the length as needed. I'll take a picture tonight.

Even better would be to put two 2" bolts into opposite ends of a threaded rod coupling...

How screwed am I? Can the snapped off piece in the drum be extracted with reverse drill bits and replaced? If so where can I find the pin? If not, suggestions??

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The Boss
    (Admin)

Oh, yikes. If that's hardened steel, it might be difficult to back out of there. Can't hurt to try, if you keep a steady hand.
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:
    2003 Blast (Blue), 2001 XBlast (Rex), 2007 XB9R Firebolt (Bolt)

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Jet-Lee View Post
    Oh, yikes. If that's hardened steel, it might be difficult to back out of there. Can't hurt to try, if you keep a steady hand.
    Got it drill a magnet and a pick.. Found a piece of steel in the garage the same diameter, used JB Weld to hold it in place, cut it off and beveled it with the dremel to fit in the pawl holes.. Were back to the races

Now if I can just get this @%#-%-@ pawl adjustment right, I'll be in good shape.. I hope 🤞