Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread:

Thanks, I figured that much. There are typically certain months that are prime. For example, my propane company (or rather somebody that works there that is paid hourly) told me what month is the lowest rate so I can gear my fills around that.

The Boss
    (Admin)

Hmm...as to the best month, not sure. I'll ask the guys at CycleGear when they switch over the seasonal wear. It's usually during that time. Over the next couple months is good to get last season's winter gear.
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:
    2003 Blast (Blue), 2001 XBlast (Rex), 2007 XB9R Firebolt (Bolt)

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!

Whored Hot Chili Pepper RayDog26's Avatar

I hope the boots I bought from them are decent.. Never used them before

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I've been using a freezeout balaclava and it's sweet. only problem is the back is too short and pulls out. i dropped it off at my neighbor's house to have an extension sewed on so I don't get a draft down the back of my neck.

http://www.cyclegear.com/CycleGear/S...8182_59409_519

These arrived today, I have not had a chance to ride with them yet but I tried them on and they feel great.... not bad for $60... Wish I had know they opened a cyclegear store down the street from me and I could have saved $7 shipping... although I probably would have spent more in the store...

The Boss
    (Admin)

I got that same boot on clearance for like $25.

They are nice and comfy.
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!

Damn for 25 bucks I would have bought 2 pairs..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I have fully tested my bilt typhoon pants. Jet-lee, I don't know if you recall the rain we had last friday, but I rode home in that. It was pouring for at least 30 minutes and normal raining for like 15. My jeans I wear underneath remained completely dry, except for a little bit of the cuff at the bottom near my boots.

My joe rocket waterproof jacket however, is not. It was only minor seep through, mostly at the crook of the elbows and some of the chest. But considering it was raining for 45 minutes on me, that's not that bad. I washed it again, dirt in the fibers can cause water to wick through, and rode it in the rain for about an hour and it still leaked through on the arms a little, but not bad. I definitely can't put anything sensitive to water in my pockets though, unless they're in a ziplock bag as it gets moist in there.

I ride in rather extreme conditions for extended periods and in reality, the JR jacket would probably suit most riders for intermittent rain. The pants are the bomb.

Alpinestars wr3 gloves left me completely dry.

My icon boots actually faired quite well in the torrential rain. It wasn't until the last 10-15 minutes of my friday ride that my left foot was wet. It was all of a sudden, like I had stepped in a puddle. So I don't know if I got splashed, or if the surface tension of the water accumulating on the top of the boot suddenly got disturbed and it all shot right into my boot. I'm not disappointed, because they're not waterproof boots, they're more of the 'ventilated' variety.

edit: I can't seem to find my old post listing what gear I have so, top to bottom

AFX FX-39 helmet, kind of a dual sport helmet. Added a 'wind jammer'

Freeze-Out Balaclava

Joe Rocket Nova 2.0 'water proof' jacket

Joe Rocket Atomic Pants for summer

Bilt Typhoon pants for winter/rain

Alpinestars WR3 Goretex gauntlets

Icon Field Armor boots

Other stuff- Radians moldable ear plugs (fantastic!)

Under layers for when it's cold

Milwaukee heated jacket
    Underarmour coldgear mock turtle neck
    Thermal long johns

I always wear a t-shirt and jeans under my gear

I hope to purchase a joe rocket phoenix jacket for summer. The summer riding here is rough and I end up cooked a lot. During the summer last year, I was filling my camelbak half with ice water. That was great, cooled my back and i got water regularly.

edit:

Summer gear...

Joe rocket atomic pants (venting is worthless, I may get new mesh pants next year)

Picked up a Bilt (cyclegear) Techno Mesh Jacket (in white) [http://www.cyclegear.com/CycleGear/S...43811_59524_2]
    It fits nice, I really liked that they had tall sizes available. I tried on a bunch of them at cyclegear and found the Tall jackets have sleeves 1-2" longer and the height is about 2" taller. I'm 6'2" 180lb and got a Medium Tall. The waist is at the maximum adjustment (I have a 32-32" waist). Chest feels good, I'm a 42-43. I made sure it was roomy enough to carry my camelbak under it. It has a zip in full arm lining. I think if I put that in the jacket would be extra tight, but I got this jacket for triple digit temps, I have another jacket for 70 and below. It was one of the few jackets that I could find a crash review and the guy said he was happy with how it held up.
    The only oddity is the zipper is on the wrong side, it's reverse like a chick article of clothing. I read a couple other people commenting on this. It's just weird.

Also got (store transfer, waiting for it) Alpinestars 2012 SP-X 3xl gloves (http://www.cyclegear.com/CycleGear/S.../44047_59409_2)

They don't have a good rating, but every review I've read the complaints are that they're small. Alpinestars is euro sizing so you gotta order bigger (I'm 2xl and my other alpinestars gloves I ordered 3xl and they fit awesome). In person the 2xl were nice. I'm a little nervous having a non-gauntlet glove as my other two gloves are gauntlets. These were on clearance so I got them at half price from their website, sweeeeet.
    Last edited by mik; 07-11-2014 at 03:17 AM.

The Boss
    (Admin)

I can't imagine riding in that rain! Kudos!!

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:

Like us on Facebook!

The crappiest part is going fast enough to get my visor to clear up! i made the mistake of riding with my sunglasses like normal (I'm really sensitive to light) and they got fogged up too. I assure you I saw no other bike on the road that day : )