Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread:

Lee!

Glad you like the new helmet. I love my RF-1100. Best news? If you want, you can get a pinlock visor for it - say goodbye to fogging up!

As for the noise - the lever on the (left?) side of the visor has three positions - up (vent), middle (normal), and down (locked). If you have the visor in the vent position, it'll whistle. If you close the visor and flip the lever down, it'll be much quieter! However, I usually put up with the whistle to get a little extra air. I do love some fresh air

-Brad

The Boss
    (Admin)

Oh yeah, I played with the vents plenty! It's not a bad whistle, very very minor and not an issue for me, I was just making note of it.

I love that latch on the visor, it's great for sitting at lights, lol.
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:
    2003 Blast (Blue), 2001 XBlast (Rex), 2007 XB9R Firebolt (Bolt)

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!

The Boss
    (Admin)

The salesman tried to sell me a mirrored visor like it was no big deal...the damn thing was $95! Those pin lock visors are like $47. Then the liners come in clear, light or dark smoke for $30/ea. That'd be getting essentially 4 visors (3 non-fog, 1 regular) for $137

Silly salesman.

Amazon FTW
    Last edited by Jet-Lee; 02-21-2014 at 10:27 PM.
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Jet-Lee View Post
    The salesman tried to sell me a mirrored visor like it was no big deal...the damn thing was $95! Those pin lock visors are like $47. Then the liners come in clear, light or dark smoke for $30/ea. That'd be getting essentially 4 visors (3 non-fog, 1 regular) for $137

Silly salesman.

Amazon FTW
    Lee, if you check amazon for the CW1 visor, they're like $45 each, smoke, mirrored, amber, etc.

Agree on the pinlock though. I'll get one eventually!

Whored Hot Chili Pepper RayDog26's Avatar

I plan to buy this when I start my new job.... looks badass and I am sure if feels badass!!

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...tlescar-helmet

Ordered a pair of BILT boots from the closeout section.... good deal... I never owned a pair before!
    Last edited by RayDog26; 02-22-2014 at 02:31 AM.

The Boss
    (Admin)

Picked up this jacket and these gloves yesterday.

Alpinstars T-AST Air Mesh Jacket:

Alpinestars SMX-2 Air Carbon Gloves:

Well, the wifey bought them for me. She was going to get me an EBR jacket, but their infrastructure isn't fully in-place. Hate to say it but they lost a sale, she wanted it here for my birthday (next weekend), not 2 months from now.
    Last edited by Jet-Lee; 02-25-2014 at 03:27 PM.

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:

Like us on Facebook!

Nice.
    my alpinestars wr3 winter goretex gloves are the bomb. Even when it's 40* out they keep my hands warm enough that I'm sweating a little by the time I get to work. I rode in the rain and my hands didn't get wet. Of course I have the hand guards on my xb as well though to deflect most precipitation.

The Boss
    (Admin)

Yeah, this is obviously summer gear. I'll get some new winter gear later on, when stuff goes on clearance.

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:

Like us on Facebook!

when's a good time to get summer gear on clearance? i'm really wanting a summer/mesh jacket.

The Boss
    (Admin)

Winter time. lol

I always look for last season's deals. However this jacket is brand new this season, it just fits really nice and the price tag is great for the brand.

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:

Like us on Facebook!