Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread:

Question Who is running what tyres

I have had my XB12R for a little over 4500klm now. And the tyres look as they will be lucky last a max of 6000klm. Most of my riding is through the twisty stuff, but some of our good roads i need to travel straight roads. Which is starting to create a flat spot.
    The tyres on the bike are Corsa 3's, which handle really well. But only 6000klm max is not real good.

Has anyone tried the new Angles?

I just put a set of Dulap's on my XB12R Firebolt. They are Z-Rated and have much more tread. I do mostly highway driving, staright aways. They seem to be handling outstanding and I have lots of grip. I am very happy with them and they were less expensive than the Perelli's. So far, I highly recommend them.

By the way, I got 7,500 miles out of my Perelli's, and barely made it to the dealership wityhout a flat. I got every last mile out of them. Wish they lasted longer!

Don't know what the "Angles" are...
    But the Pilot Power tires make a whole new (better) handling bike. The Pilots are slightly more triangulated than the Dunlops and most other street tires.
    They give very good feel and feedback thru the handlebars.

Mike

Bridgestone BT016. Excellent grip and warm-up and wear seems to be good so far (I've got about 1500 miles on them). Takes some effort to keep the bike leaned over though due to the rounder profile. Fine once you get used to it but there's a learning curve.

I’m running the Pirelli Diablo Rosso now as this has replaced the Diablo which I was very happy with.

Looked into the Pirelli Corsa III but was talked out of them as people down here don’t seem to be getting very good mileage. They say that need to be used at more of a constant higher speed to get good & hot before they work properly & last.

Also had a look at the Pirelli Angel but thought if Buell is using them on the XB12XT then they may not be suited to my style of riding on the Ss?

I've used Sportmax, Qualifiers, and Corsa IIIs, and was most happy with the Corsa IIIs. They held the road a lot better than either of the Dunflops and I only got about 1500 miles less out of the rear. I have some Scopion Syncs right now, but plan to try the Angels next, or the Rossos- whichever I find a better deal on.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie XB12SS View Post
    I’m running the Pirelli Diablo Rosso now as this has replaced the Diablo which I was very happy with.

Looked into the Pirelli Corsa III but was talked out of them as people down here don’t seem to be getting very good mileage. They say that need to be used at more of a constant higher speed to get good & hot before they work properly & last.

Also had a look at the Pirelli Angel but thought if Buell is using them on the XB12XT then they may not be suited to my style of riding on the Ss?
    Get good and hot before they work properly and last. I have found going hard and fast, just make them ball up and wear quicker.
    I have tried Dunflops, Bridg (ride like) stones, Maxxis, conti's, michelins and now pirelli's.
    Thinking i might try the Conti sports attacks

Quote Originally Posted by madadz View Post
    Get good and hot before they work properly and last. I have found going hard and fast, just make them ball up and wear quicker.
    I think I said "more of a constant higher speed to get good & hot before they work properly & last." not Hard & Fast.
    If your making the tyres ball then you must be going at race track pace & at that speed nothing will last long - not even the tyres.

I mean they need to be run quicker than our speed limits will allow even just cruising down the Highway.
    Not sure what your speed limits are over there but probably quicker than our 60Mph.

Quote Originally Posted by madadz View Post
    Thinking i might try the Conti sports attacks
    I just got the sport attacks and theyre pretty much awesome, they warm up and stick way quicker than anything else Ive tried and very good feeling when turning.

11. Default

I'm putting my first new tires on my '06 City X this Saturday. I bought it with bald stock tires (maybe even factory originals). This is what I'm trying...

http://www.bridgestone.com/products/...011/index.html
    Anybody think I made a mistake? Got them on Amazon for $230/pair.

Life is short and mostly pointless, breaking things is part of it. Also, try to have fun while you're here.