Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread:

The Japanese Shinko tire is an interesting new entry as well. All radial 4 ply - s rated, and supposedly not a bad handling tire.
    EZ

I will also state that the best handling tire is still the Pirelli Diablo.
    EZ

A little update: I have just turned 2000 miles on the Metzeler " Feel-Free" rear. I am actually suprized at how well this tire is wearing. Much less wear at 2000 miles than the Avons and I don't have to add air all the time either. Still happy with this tire.

Ed- I know that you are a big fan of the Pirelli Diablo, but I have never used the Pirelli so I can't compare the handling. I have put the Metzeler into some tight turns and I have not had any problems. I will say that the Metzler is a geat commuter tire. I have made several high speed runs over 100 miles at 75+ mph and the tire was very comfortable. These tires handle as good or better than the Avons that I was using.

I'll have to put them on my list of tires to try. lol
    EZ

FWIW, Metzeler is owned and ran by Pirelli, so I imagine their tires are pretty close in comparison to the Pirellis.

Luckdragon, based on your information I have now ordered my set of Metzeler "Feel-Free's" I just made a 250 mile round trip through the Foothills parkway in TN and across the Dragon's Tail (US129). I killed my pirellis mt 75s in 4500 miles so we will see how these Metzelers compare. I actually managed to kill the sides of my front mt75 in 7500 miles before the center really started to showed wear. I do like to carve some corners and I will be taking the metzelers to the dragon in late april so I will update everyone on the grip levels.
    Happy ridin guys.

I now have 2650 miles on the Metzelers, and from the looks of it, I am guessing that its about half gone. Still plenty of tread left-- way more than the Avons would have had at any rate.. I am interested in your experience-- Keep us posted.

Yea I plan on it, this sight has been amazingly helpful to me in the past so if i can help anyone else make an informed decision i will.