Page 2 of 164 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread:

Rode it. 271 miles down the Natchez Trace from Nashville to the Alabama line then back home. What a day!

Now that sounded like fun - I did my usual sunday - gas up testride and bolt check and tighten thing - so I don't feel too bad. Also got a bathroom done on the major part of a remodel for it - all thats left is a medicine cabinet and paint!
    EZ

I painted the chrome headlight ring flat black, and installed a set of superbike bars. OMG, what a difference! It feels like im right over the front wheel now but still comfortable. Much more crisp handling to. Also put about 100 mile on it Getting read for a 200 mile-er on saturday (prob in the rain), my boss is going to get his new triumph tiger 1050 ABS.....jerk.

I fixed my taillight problem and put about 20 miles on it. Taillight happened to be a misaligned light bulb and bent contacts. Took measurements for a new custom primary drive sprocket cover.

polished all the aluminum, went for a ride yeterday it was 70* in b-more.

I removed the rear fender and belt covers, adjusted my tank cover, and washed it. I didn't realize my bike was so dirty! The yellow really shines after a good wash.

I also attempted to remove the rearsets, but it stumped me

You need a 10" extension and universal swival and long socket to get at those babies - lol - per my sugestion - a lot of folks replace those nuts with lock washers and threaded rod coupling nuts to make it a lot easier next time.
    EZ

Whored Hot Chili Pepper RayDog26's Avatar

New Pirelli Diablo Tires
    New Spark Plug (NGK)
    Oil Change (Mobil 1, Purolator)
    Tranny Fluid Change (Mobil 1)
    Emptied old gas and added new with Lucas.

Now street ready !

Tomorrow it gets washed and put on the road. :Smilerr

Replaced the PCV valve and grommet. Mine was seeping out at the grommet. The new one looks to be an improved design, mine's an 01 and probably original. The new one an o-ring built into it and fit tighter. The PCV fit snugly too. I don't know if I needed a new PCV, but I replaced it while I was in there. Also rejetted the carb to 45/170. I wasn't sure what the previous owners did, so I finally replaced the 175. Too much for the drilled stock muffler. She rode great afterwards.

Renamed

Hey krjoseph ... My PCV valve leaks a bit of oil so I thought I would order a new one with grommet to install when I do 600cc. Both part numbers in my 02 parts catalog are invalid part numbers with Chicago Harley. Do you by chance have the current part numbers for PCV valve and grommet ... thanks!