Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread:

  1. #1
    Noobie
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Rochester NY
    Posts
    18

    Default New buelltard here! **UPDATED**

    I got a 2001 Buell Blast and so far ive done all this...

    Upgrades
    - Universal windscreen
    - (2) 6” 92w 9,600lm light bar headlights
    - 99-13 chevy Light bar brackets
    - 6” amber led turn signals
    - 2” bar risers
    - Dirt bars
    - Wingsmoto Gray grips
    - Bar end mirrors
    - Adjustable levers
    - Short gas tank breather
    - Integrated led tail/turn combo
    - Ep36 Flasher relay (to fix quick flash)
    - 110db horn


    Engine/Carb
    * Engine replaced at 15,227
    new engine: 13,317
    True mileage: odometer -1,910

    - New engine mounts / isolator (Drag specialties)
    - Filterwears pre-filter
    - 4” velocity stack
    - 6sigma Carb jets (48-175)
    - Air fuel EZ-mix screw
    - Dans Superboot
    - Carb brace (motor carb springs)
    - Iridium plug
    - Vance and hines exhaust


    Maintenance
    - Front tire (viper stryke AM63 110/70-16)
    - Front wheel bearings
    - Rear tire (viper stryke AM63 140/70-16)
    - Rear wheel bearings
    - Oil and filter (mobile1 v-twin 20w50)
    - Primary oil (mobile1 v-twin 20w50)
    - Clutch pack (alto red eagle from HD)
    - Motion pro clutch cable
    - Primary chain guides
    - Brake pads (front and rear)
    - Brake fluid flush
    - Lubed cables


    Ive put a lot of work into this bike and i can definitely tell it made a huge difference! Right now im waiting on a 99 cbr600 shock, xb9r rear subframe and front seat to come in the mail. I really liked what jet-lee did with the tail and how it looks. I was planning on making a under tail out of a sheet of aluminum and id like to put a cowl where the rear seat would be. Can i mount the cowl directly onto the subframe? For anyone has already done a XB9 tail swap, how did you go about cutting the frame? How did you mount it? Do you have any pics of the mounting?

    I have read about the gold valves And heavier fluid for the front forks, and when i have more money (probably this winter) i was planning on doing that. They are already flush with the top of the triple tree but seem super soft.
    Side note- when going highway speeds, if you watch them closely it almost looks like theyre bending towards the engine. Is this normal? Do i need new forks?

    With the mods it has and will have, do you guys got any suggestions on jetting (I believe im running 48-175) or any other mods i should do to really get more power and handling out of it? This is my first bike and im learning a lot from reading all of these threads, you guys are AWESOME and so helpful! I have a lot of knowledge and experience building custom cars so I figured id build my bike too.



    Im also saving the old motor to do a big bore kit, then i can just swap it out and have it swapped and running within a day and still have a running motor as a backup. so if anyone has any spare parts laying around let me know lol.

    THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!! You guys are great and i cant wait to learn from all of you🙌🏻
    Last edited by NotSoFastBlast; 08-29-2020 at 01:37 AM.

  2. #2
    The Boss
    (Admin)
    Jet-Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oakley, CA
    Posts
    6,813

    Default

    Seat cowl on the bare frame? Not without a passenger seat for it to cover.

    You're going to have to fab mounts for the subframe to mount to the Blast frame, just FYI.
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

    Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:
    2003 Blast (Blue), 2001 XBlast (Rex), 2007 XB9R Firebolt (Bolt)

    Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!

  3. #3
    Noobie
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Rochester NY
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jet-Lee View Post
    Seat cowl on the bare frame? Not without a passenger seat for it to cover.

    You're going to have to fab mounts for the subframe to mount to the Blast frame, just FYI.
    THE LEGEND HIMSELF!!!! lol. Would you happen to have any pictures of the tabs you had to mount and where/what you cut off the stock frame? I have no problem with doing all of the work but it would be nice to have some sort of reference. I saw your post about it and LOVED the way it looked and wanted to do it with my own twist.

    And as far the seat cowl goes, it looks like it has tabs i could use to bolt it directly to the frame, why would i need the seat? For rigidity? Not trying to be an ass or anything, just asking questions because I genuinely dont know.

  4. #4
    The Boss
    (Admin)
    Jet-Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oakley, CA
    Posts
    6,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotSoFastBlast View Post
    THE LEGEND HIMSELF!!!! lol. Would you happen to have any pictures of the tabs you had to mount and where/what you cut off the stock frame? I have no problem with doing all of the work but it would be nice to have some sort of reference. I saw your post about it and LOVED the way it looked and wanted to do it with my own twist.

    And as far the seat cowl goes, it looks like it has tabs i could use to bolt it directly to the frame, why would i need the seat? For rigidity? Not trying to be an ass or anything, just asking questions because I genuinely dont know.
    I'll try to get some pics, that frame is in storage now. The cowl slips over the seat, and uses the seat for mounting. You absolutely could bolt it down, but it wouldn't operate with the key like a normal seat/cowl would. I'll get a pic or two of that as well.

    This is a cowl from underneath:
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

    Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:
    2003 Blast (Blue), 2001 XBlast (Rex), 2007 XB9R Firebolt (Bolt)

    Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!

  5. #5
    Noobie
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Rochester NY
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jet-Lee View Post
    I'll try to get some pics, that frame is in storage now. The cowl slips over the seat, and uses the seat for mounting. You absolutely could bolt it down, but it wouldn't operate with the key like a normal seat/cowl would. I'll get a pic or two of that as well.

    This is a cowl from underneath:
    Im not to worried about being able to take it off for storage (I normally carry a backpack) but as to being more of a cosmetic. I just wanted to make sure it wasn’t important to have a seat for structure or something.

    Id greatly appreciate some pictures of the mounts. And if you have any tips or pointers for doing the tail swap feel free to share lol. Im interested to know how you did the whole xb conversion. That must have required a lit of fab work.

    Thank you jet🙏🙌🏻

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •