Thread:

Default New project THOR!

I'm working on a 2001 Blast and have decided to name it Thor, as that was the original name for it. My build is going to be putting the thumper into a HD rigid frame with chain drive, hopefully a springer, and Sportster rims. I know there are some out there that feel I would be better off building a different bike but I got the Blast cheap. I'll keep updates coming as I go. This is how I have it mocked up. the front end is off my KZ 750 along with the rims in this pic. I do have one question however, Where can I get longer cables?!?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_7022.JPG  
    Last edited by BruceKoukalaka; 08-09-2019 at 05:07 AM.

The Boss
    (Admin)
  3. Default

I've always liked the chopper Blasts. I'd probably never build or ride one, but I think the builds are neat to follow.
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:
    2003 Blast (Blue), 2001 XBlast (Rex), 2007 XB9R Firebolt (Bolt)

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!

Ok so it has been a little while since I was on this site so here's an update; I recently went to the swap meet near Calgary with a handful of parts that I intended to get rid of... But as usual I had very little luck with selling and came home with more than I took (wife not happy LOL) I bought an aftermarket springer and the table behind me put a sign up stating everything was free after less than an hour, later as we were closing the guy in front of my table gave me a complete Screamin' Eagle exhaust system with some other bits I went back to the free table and scrounged more parts. My poor station wagon was all but dragging the rear bumper all the way home!

I have a question Jet-Lee I was reading your thread "Rat Blastard" and am curious if I could use an XB9 piston with the stock head or do I need to get an XB head? I'm thinking this because I also picked up a second Blast engine to hop up and would love to make a hot rod out of it Or is there someplace where I can find a better piston for the stock head and barrel? I think I have gotten the BLASTed flu... Just can't get enough of them
    Last edited by BruceKoukalaka; 10-02-2019 at 06:48 AM.

The Boss
    (Admin)
  7. Default

Using an XB9 piston with a stock head will run worse, as the dome and squish are shaped differently.

I believe the Blast uses a Thunderstorm piston with a Lightning head, so if you find a front Lightning piston then that should work well. However, the gain from that piston alone is not worth the effort of replacing it.

Note, I'm referring to the non-XB "Lightning".
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!

Thanks Jet, I'm just learning about these little bombs

On Wednesday I scored a Revolution Performance big bore kit from a contest on eBay and am stoked. I guess that now I'll have to do some head work on the spare Blast engine to get more performance from the little Buell.

The Boss
    (Admin)
  11. Default

eBay contest? Cool dude!

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:

Like us on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Jet-Lee View Post
    eBay contest? Cool dude!
    Yup I just entered my ebay watch list and a week later I got a notification that I'd won any 1 of the parts on the list... So I chose the big bore kit.