Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread:

Default Drilling stock exhaust/muffler

No tricks here.

1 bolt in the middle

1 bolt on each side of the bracket at the back for total of two. Get small 1/4 allen wrench and feel the head of the bolt from inside. Stick head of wrench in there and start turning on the bolt from outside, allen wrench will brace self against metal and provide needed resistance. If you have large hands/finger you screwed, i think. Remember how all the small parts go on and put them back in exactly same way - Bolt, sleeve, L-Shaped bracket then slip large black bracket on and finish off with washer and nut.

Put a block of wood or something under the canister to support it and undo 2 bolts on the chrome flange up-front on the motor. Be prepared for whole thing to come loose after some thugging.

Put exhaust on some plywood, step on it gently and get to work drilling the hole on the other side. I used a step drill bit like this guy right here, but your "Weapon" is your own choice.

Here is what mine looked like when i was done:

Pluck out old used exhaust and replace with new one, flat side towards the block.

Bolt whole thing back on.
    Start it up.
    Twist throttle Wholly crap who knew, huh?

Gonna include a soundclip of this fine mod when i sort out fast idle and sputtering issue.

Nice job. Can't wait to hear the sound, I want to do it to mine too. You're going nuts on the mods! My next mod is a new cylinder head. LOL. UPS dropped it off today, I should be back on the road this weekend. 4 weeks with no bike in the gorgeous TN fall has been brutal.

Alrighty, here is the file - http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=f...db6fb9a8902bda

First there is a little bit of idle, then i start to move out of parking lot then i really get on it to merge with traffic, got it to like 60 in 3rd. Then i turn onto smaller street and there is a bit of easy cruising in 3rd. Then i thought that simple cruising is borring and was getting on/off the throttle. Then i arrive to my house and its all over

I recorded this using my Blackberry and for the ride it was in the side pocket of my mesh jacket.

File is a bit long, maybe 2 min or so, but it will show good range of driving conditions and sounds bike makes.

I Used sound spikes and sine waves - looked good . sounded fine - idle sounds ok also - but if you think its fast - turn it out about an16th to an 8th of a turn - it takes very little screw movement to slow it down - really. So - what do you think? All those little mods really pay off in a big way when in conjunction with each other. Not a big power gain, however, your response is better and that maximises the power you do have. As you can see - a better breathing motor is a happy motor.
    EZ

Thumbs up Thanks

I preformed this mod this weekend. The sound clip does no justice to how loud this is. I was telling my dad it wouldn’t be too loud. So my dad wanted to hear her start up so we went out and turned her on. he was like I guess you were right she doesn’t sound any louder at this point I figured I had just wasted a good hour and a few bruised and scratched knuckles. Then I went down the street, everything except idle is pretty loud. Not big twin loud but close. The only thing wrong is that it is a little raspy but that was to be expected you get the same thing with no baffles on a big bike all in all for free it was well worth it. Thanks for the write up.
    P.S. I started it up for my friend in the garage to show it to him and he was behind it and said it hurt his ears lol that just gives you an idea of the difference.

About as loud as the Pro-series - everything else would be louder yet - heck my Force exhaust makes a custom big twin Blush - lol
    EZ

The Boss
    (Admin)

I used a 1-5/8" hole saw:

Ur hole is bigger then mine

The Boss
    (Admin)

That's what she said!

LOL

I'd read 1-5/8", on BadWeB, was the way to go. Then I seen everyone here doin' it 1-1/2". Oh well.