Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread:

2. Default

My blast doesn't shake badly at 50 in 5th, but it is a bit rough around there. That's kind of low RPMs at that speed for 5th, I'm probably in 4th more up to about 55. After 55, she's real smooth in 5th.

4. Default

Please don't shift into 5th gear till 55mph - your vibrations are bad cause your lugging the engine - if you are over your break in period - never ride your bike in that manner again if you want it to last - that procedure is for seating the rings, however, prolonged usage of that procedure will trash your main bearings - it is only supposed to be done for break in.
    EZ

6. Default

Alright! What shift points do YOU recommend, friend?

8. Default

Well - I usually take my bike all the way through its rpm range before shifting to the next gear - and usually I'm at 4000 to 5000 rpm cruising - 30 to 40 t0 50 to 60 - if I'm in a hurry I'll add 5 to that for the daily rider and take it to 7500 to almost 8000 if I'm in a hurry on the toy - usually though I rarely go past 1/4 throttle in city - no need - quarter throttle will take me past most cars in the wink of an eye - Jim Nance likes to tease me about my Blasts - he owns a Uly and a Stock Blast - when he writes of his visits to my home and the loaning of the daily rider to hit some Cali twisties - he always refers to the bikes as Buells that used to be Blasts - lol
    EZ

10. Default

Let's make is simple shall we?

0-25 MPH = 1st Gear
    25-35 MPH = 2nd
    etc....

What are yours?

12. Default

No comment on this guys?

14. Default

Off the top of my head, I can't remember and since my Blast ain't running, I can't go check. But I take a short stretch of freeway in my commute, I'm usually somewhere around here:
    1 - 0-20ish
    2 - 20-35
    3 - 35-50
    4 - 50-60ish
    5 - 60+
    I never check the spedo, its just based on feel and sound of the motor. I guess I run it just shy of the rev limiter, you kind of get a feel for where that is eventually. As well as bikes, I only drive stick-shift cars. No matter what I'm driving, I like to wind them up a bit and keep the revs high.

16. Default

Will rev limiter bounce me back like in a car? How bad is it to actually hit it?

18. Default

I'm not sure of what the technical explanation is, but it messes with the ignition so you can't rev past it. Trust me, you'll know when you hit it. I wouldn't make a habit of riding every gear to the rev limit, but you should find an empty straight road and rev it up there just so you know where it is. I just *know* when I'm getting close now without actually hitting it.

20. Default

I know what u mean, man. I am like that in my Subaru. Often i do not even look at the dash for hours, as all i need is to see outside and hear the engine.