Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread:

2. Default

Ed,

You and I bought new isolators off of eBay at the same time.

I saw that you mentioned above about replacing bolts, etc. Do you have a list of what parts that I should purchase so I have everything when I need to change mine?

Kenny G
    *** 2009 Blast *** V&H Exhaust *** Dan's Intake System Along With Recommended Jetting By Dan *** Yellow Skins Purchased, New Old Stock, From Dealers Who Used Yellow Blasts For Riders Edge ***
    *** Pirelli Diablo Tire Front *** Pirelli ST 66 140 70S 16 Tire Rear***

*** Hope To Work On Suspension Next ***

4. Default

Kenny - best bet - the longer bolt on the left side needs to be replaced - go to a hardware store and get a grade 8 zinc coated copy and washer, lock washer, and, jam nut - use the stock flat plate washer that it comes with - use the specks in the parts catalog, the kit is generic, and it gives you the correct hardware for one side but not the other, and since it is the Blast - odd man out/redheaded step child of a red headed step child - they don't supply that bolt - just a shorter version that leaves you cussing. On the middle nut that goes on that real long bolt - pre thread that once so that you see three threads past the top of the nut, then install isolator - remember red locktight - lol -
    The isolator pictured definately looks bent - internal rubber tear - check for cracks, or if center metal tube is seperating from rubber.
    EZ

6. Default

For future searches through this thread, I thought I'd post the link to my Front Isolator Replacement guide:
    http://buellridersonline.com/forum/s...ll=1#post82061
    2008 Buell Blast - 8000 miles
    Modified Stock Exhaust - 45/175 jetting, No Needle Shim, Idle Mix: 2.75 turns out
    Denso Iridium Racing Spark Plug
    Pirelli Diablo Front - 110/70-16
    Michelin CityGrip Rear - 140/70-16

Blast Mods and Tips -- Blast General Parts List -- Part Number Updates
    Mechanical Engineer