Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread:

Default tried these tires?

im looking at a michelin gold standard. it is a 140/70s-16. the only thing im not sure of is it says rim width is 3.75 in. and tire inflated is 6.02 in. wide. does anyone know if this tire will work on blast? im not sure what rim width is but the stock size tires say 2.75 in. wheel. thats from pirelli.

sorry to bring up an old post but i have run that michellin tire for 1500 miles now and its shot already!! im so dissapointed. i sent them an email with expressing my opinion of the tire. i just rode it on the highway no gravel, no burnouts, and nothing funny at all. DONT ever buy this tire!!!!

Thanks for warning us. You can't go wrong with the Pirelli Diablo Scooter tires, they work extrememly well. Several of us are running them. I've got about 4000 miles on mine. Time for a new rear, but the front looks new. They stick like you're on rails.

I have appointed myself guinea-pig for the Metzeler "Feel-Free" scooter tire (140/70/16 rear) So far I have driven about 1000 miles and the rear is showing much less wear than any tire that I have used before. I have used Dunlops and Avons , but not Pirellis. These tires are radials, so I replaced both front and back. I bought these tires at Bike Bandit and had good service and price. I really think that this tire is going to top 5000 miles--we'll see.

Put them through their paces in the twisties and let us know how they handle - please.
    EZ

Ok, Ed--So far I haven't noticed much difference in handling from the Avons. But (A) I am not an agressive rider, and ( here in Louisiana we can still ride most days in winter,but it is too cool to really warm up the tire. Example- Yesterday I rode but the high temp was about 55.

That is good to know, that they are comparable to the Avon's. Slightly more sticky than the Dunlop's but not as sticky as the Pirelli's. In trade, you get higher mileage out of them than you would the Pirelli tires.

If you go to the Bike Bandit web site and look at the picture of this tire, you will see that the secret is that there is more solid rubber down the center of the tire when you run straight, and lots of tread on the edges. So, I can't comment about Pirelli b/c I never used one, but I am saying that this tire wears better than any other one that I have used. Thus far, I have never had it slide on me in the corners, however I'm no canyon carver (no canyons in Louisiana)

The Avon's a really nice tire, but the extra air maintenance was getting to me - lol - I had to check every other day, the Pirrelli once a week. The Avon are very sure and steady, the tire lets you know exactly where you are handling wise, predictable, and very good grip, the Pirelli Diablo's make you feel like you are on rails, lean in is sure and confident, the Pirelli 66 are supposed to handle as well as the Avons, but get you close to 8000 to 10,000 miles as well, and a better pattern for rougher terrain. That is an interesting tire - have you ever tried any of the Pirelli tires?
    EZ

Damn Ed, that sounds like the Holy Grail of Blast tires-- I've never heard of the Pirelli 66.