Thread:

Default Filtered V-Stack v. K&N

Hi all.

Am looking to add a velocity stack & splitter, or an elbow and K&N to my Blast. With the exception of an aftermarket exhaust, the engine is stock (for now).

Have any of you done any dyno tests or seen data from tests of Blasts with filtered (e.g., Outerwears) velocity stacks? Was curious what, if any, horsepower/torque increase could be expected when using a v-stack and filter, over a pleated cloth filter (like a K&N) on the end of an elbow like Dan's. Unless they are substantial, I will likely choose the elbow and filter and keep the piston rings sealing longer than the less-effective v-stack filter would allow.

Thank you all very much.

The Boss
    (Admin)
  3. Default

My Blast dyno'd 31/28 hp/tq, with a hollowed stock muffler and open carb...waaay back in like 2008/2009. They're normally like 28/25 hp/tq in stock form.

It hasn't been dyno'd since.
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:
    2003 Blast (Blue), 2001 XBlast (Rex), 2007 XB9R Firebolt (Bolt)

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!

Thank you, Lee