Thread:

Default First time Buell owner

Hello All. I just purchased an 08 Buell 1125R. Iíve got about 4 decades of riding experience but never owned or ridden a sport style bikes other then friends or relatives letting me take theirs for a spin. I currently ride an 09 Harley-Davidson VRSCDX VRod night rod special and a Ď14 FLHXS Street Glide Special. Over the years I always found Buells to be interesting bikes. This one got my attention because the extremely low price. I did a bit of research on them to see if there were any major concerns and it didnít seem that there wasnít much to really scare me away from it considering the price. It looks to have been very well-maintained and it is a ferocious Lee powerful bike from what I have experience so far. I like the fact that itís an American brand motorcycle itís unique, you donít see them everywhere, gives you about 8 to 9/10 of the performance of just about any sports bike out on the road today.

https://buellridersonline.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5841&stc=1&d=153411675 7
    Last edited by AmericanBadass; 08-12-2018 at 11:33 PM.

3. Default

Congratulations! Nice mix of bikes you've got there.
    Jim Hungate
    MSF #27339

The Boss
    (Admin)
  5. Default

A ferocious Lee powered bike, huh? lol

Welcome!

I believe the two main concerns with 1125's are clutch weep and charging system failure due to overheating. Not having an 1125, I don't recall the fixes for each.

No pics??
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:
    2003 Blast (Blue), 2001 XBlast (Rex), 2007 XB9R Firebolt (Bolt)

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by kwkride View Post
    Congratulations! Nice mix of bikes you've got there.
    Thanks. Been riding the Buell a lot lately making sure All is good