Thread:

Noobie
  2. Default Ignition Module bad?

I'm having problems with my 2001 Blast dying after it gets warmed up. As suggested, I'm looking at the ignition module as the likely culprit. I'm attaching a video which shows the module and at the end of the video the bike stalls. The bike was warmed up pretty good before I started to record. Not sure if this is proof that it's the module, but it definitely seems like an electrical problem. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
    Mark

Last edited by mfaulkner; 07-14-2018 at 11:33 AM.

The Boss
    (Admin)
  4. Default

Either your module or ground connections, usually the module. Pull your grounds (one up front, one under seat) and clean them.

Please don't neutral rev your Blast too much as the a/f is on the lean side when not under load.
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:
    2003 Blast (Blue), 2001 XBlast (Rex), 2007 XB9R Firebolt (Bolt)

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!

Noobie
  6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jet-Lee View Post
    Either your module or ground connections, usually the module. Pull your grounds (one up front, one under seat) and clean them.

Please don't neutral rev your Blast too much as the a/f is on the lean side when not under load.
    Replacing the ignition module seems to have fixed it. Thanks for the advice!

Sent from my TB-8704V using Tapatalk