Thread:

Noobie

Default New Blast Owner - Time To Ride

What's up everyone?
    My name is Joe C and I Hail from the Great Lakes state of Michigan! I recently purchased an '06 Buell Blast from my brother-in-law. 9,900 miles on her, she seen a trip to Florida and back two years ago and that's the most he rode it. It sat for another summer/winter. This is the bike I learned on two years ago and I had to grab it up for the price and customization aspect. The main reason I'm here is to get advice and input on customizations, as well as share in the joy of the open road! Hopefully this weekend she gets new blood throughout her, new spark plug/wire, and the primary adjustment. This is my first bike and I'm looking forward to the fun it brings!

-Joe C

Noobie

Hi Joe! A warm welcome to you and your 06 blast

Welcome to the fun!
    Jim Hungate
    MSF #27339

It's a very fun bike.

As for quick customizations - plug and play performance and peppiness upgrades for me would be Dan's intake and superboot combo, Yost needle/emulsion tube kit (do a search here), replace stock exhaust (several options), jet to 46/175, start with air screw 2.5 turns out....enjoy. Oh - several good spark plugs to throw in this bike. I recommend the Brisk BOR10LGS....also can be found by searching...

Other fun/good stuff to do - fork brace, steel brake line in the front (unless that's already been done), front heim joint upgrade (stability in turns), etc.