Thread:

2. Default Newbie here!

Hi everybody! Just a girl falling in love with her first bike ('02 Buell Blast named Ferrous Bueller). I bought it a few months ago after riding scooters for a year, and my Dad got it running for me. I rode it for a couple of weeks before it started having carb issues, and it's been in the shop since! I hope to learn a little more about how to keep it running and where to get parts since my mechanic seems pretty clueless!

We successfully followed directions from this site to punch another hole in the exhaust and installed an iridium racing plug. Thanks for the tips!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ferrous 2.jpg   ferrous 2.jpg  
    Last edited by Blastoffin321; 06-23-2017 at 10:35 PM.

4. Default

Do not clean the carburetor. You will run into problems. Could be the intake boot is cracked.
    Welcome to the forum
    Last edited by pdbutler54; 06-23-2017 at 08:43 PM.

The Boss
    (Admin)
  6. Default

Welcome! More pics?

Yes, replace the boot as the first step.

Cleaning the carb can be done easily if you follow these steps:
    1. Remove carb
    2. Remove slide cap and slide (keep need/spring in the slide)
    3. Remove fuel bowl, Auto-Enricher (not TPS) and idle mix screw (make sure you get the spring, washer and o-ring)
    4. Blast out every orifice with carb cleaner. I usually use 1/2 to full can
    5. Reassemble in reverse. Idle mix screw should be softly bottomed out, then 2.5 turns open.
    *NOTE* Do not remove the jets right now.
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:
    2003 Blast (Blue), 2001 XBlast (Rex), 2007 XB9R Firebolt (Bolt)

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!

8. Default

Thank you! Where can I get a new one? Seems like parts are hard to find.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you! I'm sure this is awesome advice but far beyond my present skill set, I will pass it along to the person helping me try to fix it.

10. Default

You can get what you need through D.C.-parts here on the forum. Thumpe (aka. Dan) will help you out. Ezblast and Jet-Lee have a wealth of information. Just ask, we are here to help.

Welcome....don't worry, your Blast will be up and running soon...

13. Default Boot

Quote Originally Posted by Blastoffin321 View Post
    Hi everybody! Just a girl falling in love with her first bike ('02 Buell Blast named Ferrous Bueller). I bought it a few months ago after riding scooters for a year, and my Dad got it running for me. I rode it for a couple of weeks before it started having carb issues, and it's been in the shop since! I hope to learn a little more about how to keep it running and where to get parts since my mechanic seems pretty clueless!

We successfully followed directions from this site to punch another hole in the exhaust and installed an iridium racing plug. Thanks for the tips!
    I have a couple of spare parts you may be interested in?
    See my ad.

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/mpo/6125730712.html

And Buell Parts ad on this site today.
    all the best.

The Boss
    (Admin)
  15. Default

You're only about 1.5 hours away from me and EZ, then a couple others Blasts are in Vacaville/Fairfield.
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!

17. Default

Thanks for the advice guys! My Ferrous Bueller Lives!!! I found a new carb intake boot at a Harley dealership in PA! You guys were right, the old one was cracked. It has now been replaced, and my carb has been cleaned. I rode the beast home today and can't wait to hit the road this weekend. Thank you for the sound advice.

The Boss
    (Admin)
  19. Default

Awesome!!

Posted from my Buell using Buell Riders Online mobile app

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:

Like us on Facebook!