Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread:

Default Headlights

So im looking at putting extra lights on the front of my blast! Im looking for a consistent power so when the key is on they are on. I have looked at the manual and cant seem to find one.

Posted from my Buell using Buell Riders Online mobile app

this is what I put on my blast. the headlight I had was busted so this is what I stuck on there to replace it and I like it a lot better than the stock light.

it's super bright but as long as it's at a slight downward angle my wife said it didn't bother her while following or passing and she is extremely nite blind and lights usually bother her. comes with a concert so wiring is simple

Im not looking to take the stock one off but add to it! Just want them to be on the hole time and not have it shut off if i change from hi to low beam.

oh!! I gotcha the easiest way to do that is to take the wire from the new lights and butt splice it so from 1 single wire coming from the light and have 2 wires coming out of the other end of the splice then attach 1 wire to the low beam wire and the other wire to the high beam wire. then they will stay on at either setting.

now the correct way is a little more work but if you know how then this is what you'll need to do. in the fuse block where the spare fuse is you will have to make a jumper wire from the light fuse to the spare and then from the other side of the fuse you would run your wire to the new headlights then you would conect the ground wires from each light together and run them to a good ground like the bolt the battery ground goes to. that's a lot more work but as far as running wires so they are hidden and doing heat shielding and everything. but if you do it the other way make sure you have a good ground for the lights as well

Using the spare spot i could get a fuse that has a wire off of it and use that as the power and then a ground. I forgot there was a spare! Oops.

there you go that should work as long as it fits

They make one for the small fuse. I just grab a pic off line had totally forgot about them.