Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread:

Default Boot elimination

so I had an extra intake manifold and carb and was tired of dealing with the boot and carb supports so I took the carb and intake to a local exhaust shop and had them make a 2 inch pipe that fit snug around the carb and intake then I jb welded it together. the piece of pipe was tight enough that I had to drive it on both sides. then I went to autozone and bought some sheets of high temp fiber gasket material and cut it to fit between the head and intake manifold. I used 6 layers and high temp rv to put them together. I drove it to work today wich is a 180 mile round trip. the gasket started leaking so I pulled it out and put the oring back on and bolted it up and have had 0 issues. it was obvious it was leaking this morning so I stopped at the station 2 miles from the house and changed it. no cracks and the temperature at the carb is staying fairly low so no heat transfer issue after a 90 mile highway ride.ill keep updated

Posted from my Buell using Buell Riders Online mobile app

after 600 miles this is still working with no issues

The Boss
    (Admin)
  4. Default

Interesting.

No need to put the html tags; html is disabled for everyone except me.
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:
    2003 Blast (Blue), 2001 XBlast (Rex), 2007 XB9R Firebolt (Bolt)

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!

I copied and pasted it from my other post . I'm curious to see how long it lasts. it's going to Crack eventually. I wanna no how long it takes

still running great with no leaks going to drive it to work tomorrow so I'll have another 180 highway miles at wot on it.

I guess this isn't as interesting to everyone as I thought it was gonna be lol. anyway still good no issues at all 1000 miles on the bike now (I work a long way from home 90 mile trip one way lol) gas mileage is piss poor but this was the extra carb not sute what is i. it except an aftermarket adjustable needle . ineed to rejet the carb and does anyone know the proper way to set an aftermarket needle that has a adjustable clip at the top. not findin anything on that for some reason

The Boss
    (Admin)
  9. Default

It is interesting. The forum has just been unusually slow this week.

I read pretty much everything, I just don't respond much at all.
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!

it has been slow I guess I got here too late lol

The Boss
    (Admin)
  12. Default

Lol, nah you're fine. It's been nice weather, people are just spending more time outside is all. They'll be back.

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:

Like us on Facebook!

lol true I'm just got done Rudin myself and started hearing some weird rattles. turns out the Vance and Hines muffler is coming completely apart. so time to weld.idk if it's the jetting the needle or the exhaust leak but I'm getting about 48 miles before having to hit reserve. anything else that could cause poor fuel mileage. primary is right so no issue there