Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread:

I did the static timing was trying to use my timing light but it wasn't working for some reason .idk if the car light doesn't work with the bike or if I had it hooked up wrong. I was pretty tired last night lol. other than the tensioner on the primary what else should I check?

Posted from my Buell using Buell Riders Online mobile app

The Boss
    (Admin)

My timing light requires the clip on the plug wire to be pointing a specific direction; could be your issue as well?

Do you have a stock needle to put back in?
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:
    2003 Blast (Blue), 2001 XBlast (Rex), 2007 XB9R Firebolt (Bolt)

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!

no stock needle and yes my light is directional as well. I took the carb apart again and it seems like my diaghram is stretched out. I decided to break the whole thing down and do a thorough cleaning and when I removed the auto enrichner the plunger was off the little tabs that hold it in place and one of them is broken off so that is no longer going to work. could this have been causing my issue? what will happen if I put it back together with no plunger or needle since it will not stay in place and just closes off the hole completely with it in. should I leave it covered or should I remove the plunger and leave it open?

The Boss
    (Admin)

Without the little tabs to hold it back, it should be closed 100% of the time, acting like there is no AE. You have to put something back in there to close off airflow or you will be running very lean.
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:
    2003 Blast (Blue), 2001 XBlast (Rex), 2007 XB9R Firebolt (Bolt)

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!

OK thank you I'll stick the plunger back in there to cover the hoke