Thread:

Default 2009 Blast. First road bike.

My name is John, I'm 21 and live in southeast Texas and I am picking up my first road legal bike this afternoon. It's a 2009 Blast with 7100 miles on it. It's pretty stock at the moment besides a custom exhaust and aftermarket handlebars. Don't have any pictures yet but will get some when I get it to the house. This is my first bike that can actually be driven on the road. I rode dirt bikes and mini bikes as a kid, but that's been 10+ years ago now, so this will be a whole new experience for me. Haven't gotten to look around the forum a whole lot yet as my internet signal at home is terrible. Any mods that yall would recommend? Not looking to make it stupid fast, just make a nice looking and riding bike.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Here's a couple pics for yall. It's nothing special.

Made it about 5 miles and the belt snapped. Managed to find a brand new belt and it should be here by Friday. New headlight also on the way and picking up a mirror from a friend of mine.

Anything yall would recommend for a cheap temporary exhaust setup? All I have right now is the headpipe and it's loud as hell.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

The Jardine exhaust is nice and free flowing.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Welcome! Happy blasting. Clean bike.

Quote Originally Posted by crackhead View Post
    The Jardine exhaust is nice and free flowing.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    I looked at that the other day, I just don't know if I can justify 400 dollars on exhaust right now.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mik View Post
    Welcome! Happy blasting. Clean bike.
    It's pretty clean. It's got some road rash from the previous owner sliding into a ditch, but otherwise it's great. I just cleaned it up a couple days ago and took the buell stickers off the tank.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk