Thread:

Default Won't Start (clicking) HELP!!

So I just bought a 2008 blast with 3800 miles on it. I was riding this morning, while in 3rd gear the bike died. I was probably going too slow for the gear, when I pulled to the shoulder and tried to restart it just kept clicking. Lights are on but not starting. Please help!!!

Posted from my Buell using Buell Riders Online mobile app

The Boss
    (Admin)
  3. Default

Sounds like your VR/Stator took a crap and it killed your battery. The manual (from BuellMods.com) outlines the test procedures for the stator and VR pretty clearly; follow those and report back.

I will delete your other thread since it's a duplicate and we only want answers in one place.
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:
    2003 Blast (Blue), 2001 XBlast (Rex), 2007 XB9R Firebolt (Bolt)

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!

Thank you so much! Sorry about the duplicate new to this.

Is there any chance it's just the battery?

The Boss
    (Admin)
  7. Default

It could be just the battery. Charge it, start it, remove the negative lead from the battery.

If it stays running, check voltage from the disconnected negative to the battery positive; it should be 13-14VDC.

If it dies when the lead is removed, it's either the stator or voltage regulator.
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:
    2003 Blast (Blue), 2001 XBlast (Rex), 2007 XB9R Firebolt (Bolt)

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!

Put a new battery in it and she's running clean. Thanks!

hello!
    I’m having problems with my 2006 buell blast, it won’t start.
    History:
    The previous owner had it setting in his garage 2 years. When I got it, he told me he forgot what was wrong with it. it’s been two weeks, and I going crazy… need help…
    What it’s doing
    It won’t start, but it will start with starting fluid, then it turns off. The next thing I did was sprayed some starting fluid in to the carburetor, then gave it some gas until it stayed on and it stayed on. I turned it off for 5min turned it back on and it stayed on, BUT the next day it wouldn’t turn on.

Steps that I have taken
    Replaced: Spark plug, petcock, engine oil, gas, fuel hose, main jet, needle jet, needle jet holder, slow jet, and Auto-Enrichener.

Modification:
    This modification where done by the previous owner.
    It has a superBoot, and the kickstand switch is disabled or cut off
    if need more info please let me know

Have you checked​ the timing?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

12. Default

adjust the idle air screw out a bit, it's under a metal plug on the bottom of the carb, and the bottom bowl kinda curves around it that makes it a bit easier to find

It was the timing thanks bros, its alive, its alive… but something is wrong…. Ill re-time it again and try adjust the idle air screw too ….
    Now I’m having problems with clutch any tips?

Also, I just notice that it has HairLine CracKs where the spark plug goes………is this bad.. please say no
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spark-Plug Hole.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	5759