Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread:

Default What's really good folks "Hiyadoon"

Good people hello I'm Marc from Albertson NY. I've been riding only a full year and a half or so and like it very much. My 2000 Blast has left me stranded a few times but that's my own inexperience to blame. I've become pretty good at repair and recon. I'm immersed in telecom but my true passion is anything with a mechanical heartbeat that'll get me to and fro. A commercial driver, I an affinity for alternative fuels and turbos. Married 16 years with 3 kids...I use my Blast all year round longs it's running while I work in Brooklyn NY. When I'm happy with its repair I'll preserve it ride it and descend it to my kids or grands

Posted from my Buell using Buell Riders Online mobile app

I was fortunate enough that a traffic jam pushed me off the BQE onto the service road before my header pipe loosed and drive belt bailed so I parked it and am cleaning it up now recon'ing, repairing and replacing necessary parts and using this downtime to ready it for the spring. Top end gaskets are in order and Cometic has been queried. EBC obliged my brake needs and a new clutch cable awaits... I'm on the graveyard shift presently but maybe later I'll show y'all my emergency clutch cable bandaid

The Boss
    (Admin)

Yikes, getting run off road is no fun, glad you kept it upright.

If you're having any issues finding parts, let us know!
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:
    2003 Blast (Blue), 2001 XBlast (Rex), 2007 XB9R Firebolt (Bolt)

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!

Sorry for the confusion I wasn't literally pushed off the road but figuratively.... just saying I averted traffic by exiting onto the service road

Shot of my Clubman Jr. bars and Roxx risers

So it was a hot ass day in May on the picket line and we picketed for hours... I'd completed a 6 hour shift and my voice hoarse.... ready to bolt(or Blast lol) start, clutch again for first gear and "&&)$@&$&, SNAP. Well to get my weekly picketing stipend we gotta report ery'day so I roll-shifted into 1st and crept through the local roads til I hit the highway and didn't stop again until my exit crept home and into the batcave for a late night session with my tools....drive the family car to Home Depot and improvised with a clevis pin and nut... batcave.....tapped clevis fed remains of clutch cable through perch and top holes of pin and threaded and tightened but against the cable and lever.....back to picket another day.

mcgyver!90

Wow Marc. Taking on the BQE service road, screaming on the picket line and rolling into gear And clevis pin repair. Definitely MacGyver days.

That was one'a my all time favorite shows.....

The Boss
    (Admin)

I'm lost.
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:
    2003 Blast (Blue), 2001 XBlast (Rex), 2007 XB9R Firebolt (Bolt)

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!