Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread:

  1. #11
    The Boss
    (Admin)
    Jet-Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oakley, CA
    Posts
    6,777
  2. Default

    So what kind of riding position do you prefer; laid back cruiser or leaned forward crotch rocket?

    Power...down low or up high?

    Speed costs; how fast can you afford?

    Fast, Reliable, Cheap ... Pick two.

    I stopped totaling up RB's build cost around $2500 (not including purchase cost). I decided that if it's more than that, I don't want to know. It's been 8 years of modifying, buying and fabricating, and I haven't stopped yet.

    We have guys that have gone larger bore, higher compression, efi, carb wild, exhaust wild, frame wild, cam crazy and headwork; professional and diy. I've ported Wankel's and others have turbo'd mustangs. Knowing what you want will really help us point you in the right direction.
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

    Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:
    2003 Blast (Blue), 2001 XBlast (Rex), 2007 XB9R Firebolt (Bolt)

    Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!

  3. #12
    The Boss
    (Admin)
    Jet-Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oakley, CA
    Posts
    6,777
  4. Default

    As for searching, on the main index page, center column, top right under the shoutbox is a "Search Forums" box. Use that, it's Google-powered for this site only. Also in the top right corner is the vBulletin default search tool which has always been less than stellar.

    Alternatively, you can go to Google and type "site:buellridersonline.com " to search the site as well.

    A couple other resources are BuellXB.com (aka BXB, it's a dying site as of late) and badweatherbikers.com (aka BadWeb). BadWeb is where most of the old guys hang out and sometimes bicker back and forth at each other. Sometimes you can find info at BuelletinBoard.com or UKBEG.com, but it's mostly stuff that's parroted here or at BadWeb.
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

    Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:
    2003 Blast (Blue), 2001 XBlast (Rex), 2007 XB9R Firebolt (Bolt)

    Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!

  5. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jet-Lee View Post
    So what kind of riding position do you prefer; laid back cruiser or leaned forward crotch rocket?

    Power...down low or up high?

    Speed costs; how fast can you afford?

    Fast, Reliable, Cheap ... Pick two.

    I stopped totaling up RB's build cost around $2500 (not including purchase cost). I decided that if it's more than that, I don't want to know. It's been 8 years of modifying, buying and fabricating, and I haven't stopped yet.

    We have guys that have gone larger bore, higher compression, efi, carb wild, exhaust wild, frame wild, cam crazy and headwork; professional and diy. I've ported Wankel's and others have turbo'd mustangs. Knowing what you want will really help us point you in the right direction.
    Wankels... God you must be a patient man!
    Well if the woman is gonna ride this, i am gonna have to give her somthing along the lines of a chopper, laid back style. Maybe like this

    Or

    So that would go with low and mid power band with enough juice to easily pass someone at 70-80 miles per.

    I would like to get a fatter rear and "taller" front tires if i got that way.
    Would like it to be reliable, but without sacrificing to much of the fun and speed factor.

    But honestly , right now i am in the pre-planning stages. Looking at getting more info first. Price points are not much of a concern.

  6. #14

    Default

    And reliable, then fast.

  7. #15

    Default

    www.redneckengineering.com chassis1 for a frame if you don't want to make one!

    Posted from my Buell using Buell Riders Online mobile app

  8. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LTRISHER View Post
    www.redneckengineering.com chassis1 for a frame if you don't want to make one!

    Posted from my Buell using Buell Riders Online mobile app
    Thanks

  9. #17
    Super Moderator ezblast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Antioch, Ca
    Posts
    10,880
  10. Default

    Any stuck thread is probably a very useful topic.
    EZ

  11. #18

    Default

    KoldBear any updates on this build/project?

    Posted from my Buell using Buell Riders Online mobile app

  12. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LTRISHER View Post
    KoldBear any updates on this build/project?

    Posted from my Buell using Buell Riders Online mobile app
    No. Been a rough winter here in "the oil patch". Still got snow on the roads... Was looking at buying a sportster frame, ended up buying the whole bike, the one my ex wanted me to buy(fml). Lol. So now that i have a chopper, got some work to do on that. But i am thinking of trying to make the blast into something cafe/brat like. Got some parts i am gonna install if i ever get home, Superboot,filter and such. Rhanks for thw timely delibery, btw. Have to find a way ro gwt this app on my windows phone. Been missing out on threadz big time.

  13. #20

    Default

    Im in Mi but my winter has been mild this year. Congrats on the sporster. Would like to do alot with my blast but funds are always something to watch for.

    Posted from my Buell using Buell Riders Online mobile app

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •