Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread:

The Boss
    (Admin)
  2. Default Blast Axle Specifications

I've not been able to find the Blast axle specs anywhere on the inturwebz. Yes, we know the nut size, that's not what I'm after. I want length, girth, and thread pitch. LOL

So here are the need-to-know specs if you ever want to duplicate a Blast REAR axle. Note, they're metric...cause Harley; I've added the imperial equivalents in parenthesis for comprehension-sake, but the non-paren numbers are what should be given to the machinist.

Overall Length: 31.3134cm long, includes all lengths below (12.328")
    Large end with hole" 3.16cm x 1cm with 6.5mm cross hole (1.244" x .394" w/ .256")
    Thread Pitch/TPI: M20x2.5 x 20mm length (TPI: 10.16)
    Tube Diameter: 19.77mm w/ 4mm thick walls (.779" x .157")
    Bearing Landings: 20mm x 19mm wide spaced 13.6525cm CL apart, 8.73cm from far end of thread (.787" x .75" spaced 5.375"CL at 3.4375")

So a 20mm rod/tube of at least 12.5" length with your desired thread, should work for replacement. You can get it cheaper by not having the large flat end and just threading both ends, due to machinist able to start with 1" rod instead of 1-1/2" which is less material waste and less time on the lathe. For threading both ends, add 1/2" to 1" additional length to accommodate the additional washers and nut.

Next time I remove a front axle, I will spec it out as well.
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:
    2003 Blast (Blue), 2001 XBlast (Rex), 2007 XB9R Firebolt (Bolt)

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!

The Boss
    (Admin)
  5. Default

Got an account at OnShape, the cloud-based version of SolidWorks (basically).

Here's a link to the Buell Blast Rear Axle, so far: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/a6...7b80e327c8a198

The controls are a little different, but it's almost there; I suck at helix's.

OnShape was started by the ex-CEO of SolidWorks.

"It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!

7. Default

No dice here, Lee. Says he don't have any pipe/tube like that.
    2008 Buell Blast - 8000 miles
    Modified Stock Exhaust - 45/175 jetting, No Needle Shim, Idle Mix: 2.75 turns out
    Denso Iridium Racing Spark Plug
    Pirelli Diablo Front - 110/70-16
    Michelin CityGrip Rear - 140/70-16

Blast Mods and Tips -- Blast General Parts List -- Part Number Updates
    Mechanical Engineer

9. Default

Brandon,

He can't bore a hole in solid stock and heat treat it when finished?

Kenny
    *** 2009 Blast *** V&H Exhaust *** Dan's Intake System Along With Recommended Jetting By Dan *** Yellow Skins Purchased, New Old Stock, From Dealers Who Used Yellow Blasts For Riders Edge ***
    *** Pirelli Diablo Tire Front *** Pirelli ST 66 140 70S 16 Tire Rear***

*** Hope To Work On Suspension Next ***

The Boss
    (Admin)
  11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonSmith View Post
    No dice here, Lee. Says he don't have any pipe/tube like that.
    If he can turn a solid rod for a reasonable price, I'm not completely opposed to it.

Posted from my Buell using Buell Riders Online mobile app

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:

Like us on Facebook!

13. Default

Ok, I will check with him.
    2008 Buell Blast - 8000 miles
    Modified Stock Exhaust - 45/175 jetting, No Needle Shim, Idle Mix: 2.75 turns out
    Denso Iridium Racing Spark Plug
    Pirelli Diablo Front - 110/70-16
    Michelin CityGrip Rear - 140/70-16

Blast Mods and Tips -- Blast General Parts List -- Part Number Updates
    Mechanical Engineer

The Boss
    (Admin)
  15. Default

Desired Rex Axle

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:

Like us on Facebook!

17. Default

Shouldn't be a problem. Can you hop on www.onlinemetals.Com and make sure 1144 steel would be good before I order it? Also do you want me to test cut 1 from aluminum to test fit?

- - - Updated - - -

actually I dint see the attachment you added to your last post. It wont open on my end.

The Boss
    (Admin)
  19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by xtremeboost View Post
    actually I dint see the attachment you added to your last post. It wont open on my end.
    Ah, it's gone for me now as well. I'll fix it this evening.

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:

Like us on Facebook!