Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread:

Noobie
  2. Default Hi from Daytona

Actually I am in Ormond but if I spit with a strong south wind it would land in Daytona lol - Anyway I picked a 03 Blast with some problems and I am trying to restore it I need new control levers and other things I had to get on EBay anyway if anyone can clue me in to any parts on the Cheap it would be Most Appreciated

4. Default

Welcome to the Forum.

Post exactly what you need for your Blast and someone on here will have the parts.

Kenny G
    *** 2009 Blast *** V&H Exhaust *** Dan's Intake System Along With Recommended Jetting By Dan *** Yellow Skins Purchased, New Old Stock, From Dealers Who Used Yellow Blasts For Riders Edge ***
    *** Pirelli Diablo Tire Front *** Pirelli ST 66 140 70S 16 Tire Rear***

*** Hope To Work On Suspension Next ***

concur with Kenny - post up what you need....

7. Default

Brake and Clutch levers: http://www.madhornets.com/buell-brake-clutch-levers/
    If you're looking for stock length (long) and in black, here's the direct link:
    http://www.madhornets.com/long-brake...e-97-02-black/

It looks like they redesigned the levers to be universal for the Buells since last time I ordered (got mine for the Firebolt). They used to have two different models - one for XB's and one for the X1/M2 Tubers, but it looks like they're all one part number now.

-Brad

Noobie
  9. Default

Thanks it needs a Harness I got for $30 on Ebay and a Head Gasket I got Locally but usually as work progresses you discover more and more needs but I really Appreciate all the replies

11. Default

Tell Joey Leigh I said hi! The Foot brothers as well - lol
    Welcome!
    EZ

13. Default

If you're going to do the head gasket, take the extra 20 minutes and do the base gasket as well - they're prone to leakage, and if you've already got it apart...

You can also get the Cometic Gasket set (base/head) in a slightly-thinner-than-stock configuration (.010"/.030" versus stock at .020"/.040") which will bump the compression EVER so slightly and improve the quench in the motor. The set isn't too expensive either, which is nice!

Brad, at some point I want more details on the cometic gasket setup. My Blast is running wonderfully, so I don't want to mess with that. At the same time, I'd like to have the peace of mind of having both gaskets newly changed.

16. Default

The cometic gaskets are Multi-Layered-Steel (just like the newer designed HD gaskets - hmmm). Stock, most of the Blasts came with those awful paper gaskets that stick to the engine and require scraping to remove if they've been left on for more than about a day.

The big bonus is Cometic makes the gaskets in all sorts of thicknesses - the base gasket comes in .010/.020 (and possibly other) sizes, and the head gasket comes in .020/.030/.040 (and maybe .050?). The nice thing is you can run a thin base gasket (.010) so you don't have to smear RTV/Gasket maker all over your motor, and then change the HG thickness to get the proper squish clearance, which is especially important if you run an aftermarket piston/head combo! Stock on the blast, you can run a .010/.030 combo - it moves the piston "up" the jug by .010", and lowers the head by .010" - all in all, the piston gets .020" closer to the head at the top of the stroke, which improves the compression ratio slightly, along with improving the knock resistance of the motor (which is awesome for an air cooled motor!)

Noobie
  18. Default

I am still confused - Do XB9 levers fit the Blast? Why does no manufacturer include the blast on its compatibility list?