Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread:

Default New Rider from Texas

Hey y'all,

I just picked up my first motorcycle: 2008 Buell Blast. It's great to see so many devoted Blastards on the forum, although it looks like I missed the boat by about 5 years...

I've never ridden before, but hopped right on the Blast and drove around the block a few times; it is a great bike to learn easily. In Texas, it is required for new riders to take a motorcycle safety course, so I have mine scheduled for later this month. Are there any other Texans out there?

I look forward to hearing from y'all and I am open to any advice.

Thanks,
    Brandon

I'm a mechanical engineer, so I have this problem where I think I know everything...

The Boss
    (Admin)

Welcome!! It's never too late to get up on two wheels.

There's a few TX blastards here, KennyG rides quite often.
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:
    2003 Blast (Blue), 2001 XBlast (Rex), 2007 XB9R Firebolt (Bolt)

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!

Welcome Brandon,

All Texans think they know everything, not just mechanical engineers. LOL

I was imported to North Texas 8 years ago and Live near Argyle in Denton County.

Kenny G
    *** 2009 Blast *** V&H Exhaust *** Dan's Intake System Along With Recommended Jetting By Dan *** Yellow Skins Purchased, New Old Stock, From Dealers Who Used Yellow Blasts For Riders Edge ***
    *** Pirelli Diablo Tire Front *** Pirelli ST 66 140 70S 16 Tire Rear***

*** Hope To Work On Suspension Next ***

My wife and I are actually transplants to Texas, too; she is from Indiana and I am from Ohio. We moved to Texas a little over two years ago after I graduated college. Our general stomping grounds are about an hour or so east/northeast of DFW.

I can't wait to get some time on the saddle and start cruising the 70k+ miles of Texas roads!

I plan on getting some experience on the Blast for a year, then stepping up to a bigger bike that I'd feel comfortable riding 2-up.

LOL - welcome!! The BADWEB owner lives in Texas - around Kilgore. Rudy Blake - goes by the name of Blake though - he also is an engineer.
    EZ

Welcome!

Tons of us here, though the general population of the forum seems directly linked to the season - a ton of new people each spring, with tech questions by about summer, and then in fall half of them leave

Even in the depths of the cold, cold winter, there's always someone around - EZ is a west-coast night owl, I try to leave BRO open in the background during the day, Lee pops in sporadically throughout the day, Kenny is around (when he's not riding!), and there's a ton of other people who cycle through (no pun intended).

If you need parts or advice, we're here to help, and there are a few site sponsors that can help you do anything you need to your bike, from an intake or exhaust swap to full on engine/transmission builds!

-Brad

Welcome

Sent from under the Blast

Are you laughing at me? Lol

Sent from under the Blast

Im up in plano, if I ever get my bike back together.

Welcome! I'm a native Texan, held captive in the soggy state of Washington...

My wife got a Blast as her first bike, and I got one as my first headache...I actually have a Honda Shadow Tourer, but I thought it would be fun to have a second Blast to kick around with her...unfortunately, my little Blast is proving to be quite the PITA...learning a lot from all the helpful folks on here, for sure.