Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread:

Default '09 Buell 1125CR w/extras

Hi all,

Sadly it is time for me to part with my bike. It is in great condition with only 3251 miles. It has been denoided and needs a new battery. Always garage kept.

Both sets of handle bars will be included as well as an after-market rear rotor.

I have several Buell jackets that could be included.

Asking $6000
    Located in Parkersburg, WV

More pictures on Craigslist:
    http://parkersburg.craigslist.org/mcy/4701982011.html

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412642732.241931.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	4478

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also have the Buell branded tail bag for the bike.

Whored Hot Chili Pepper RayDog26's Avatar

damn if you lived closer to NJ I would buy this thing.... lol

Will need to redo the stator and here is a link to do it yourself rotor mod and replacement regulator - http://www.badweatherbikers.com/buel...tml?1410914911
    EZ

Quote Originally Posted by RayDog26 View Post
    damn if you lived closer to NJ I would buy this thing.... lol
    Buy it n ride it back ....

Ray I would be willing to meet you half way if you were serious about the bike.

EZ thanks for the links. I realize the bikes needs a "improvements" over the stock config. If I am honest it doubt I will ever have time to do them myself. Everything changed for me after my daughter was born.

With that in mind, I'm willing to move. Having said that I would be more inclined to sell most of the gear separately. I have a considerable amount of gear that would certainly offset some if not all of the cost related to altering the bike.

Sorry that incomplete sentence in the second paragraph should be that I am willing to move on the price. My bad

No big deal - I did 4 years of touring and commuting on my CR - couldn't justify it for commuting alone - 25 mpg, or just sit in the garage waiting for the next vacation - any bike I own I'll ride - so I sold it - great bike though - smoked all the HDs and jap bikes at a light to light race - and it didn't take much to do so. When commuting traffic parted like the Red sea, and was always behind me - that bike had many positives - I could never fill up without some positive comment about it from strangers - went through one stator under warranty, and was prepping for another when I sold it. I was originally looking at a 2010 xb9s when I bought it - lol - but the lure of power and a tuned suspension sucked me in - lol. Still for me it was a heavy sucker as well and doing my favorite twisty roads on it was serious work out compared to a hotrodded, stripped downed Blast - and not much faster except in the straights - the other reason I finally sold it - just not as fun. Still all said and done - the 1125 gave me some great memories, was a dream to ride on freeways - what traffic - and touring on it was a world of fun. Sure - maintenance is a bit pricier, but a good shopper plans ahead for that stuff to save money and be prepared - lol - all and all - that bike was stone cold dependable, the envy of every bike night, with more power than any sane man needed, yet with the gpr to back it up - impeccable manners - I would easily recommend the 1125 to anyone not beginning and knowing what they are getting into - it is a great bike!
    EZ

EZ I totally agree with you. The CR is a beast when you crack back on the throttle. It is a bit heavy too. I never had a noticeable issue with it but it is certainly a different experience then riding a jap bike. I had a 12R before the CR. It was easy to ride but a longed for that liquid cooled power! I also didn't much care for the heat generated in town traffic either. I wanted an SCG for the longest time. My friend has one and it is an absolute blast to ride. The lower stance really changes the experience. All that said, it sucks to be done riding for the foreseeable future. Maybe when the kids are grown and SCGs cost a fortune I will get back to it.