Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread:

The Boss
    (Admin)
  2. Default

I don't think any Buells used snaps in their bodywork, all held on by T27/T30 torx. If it doesn't come off easily, you've missed a screw.
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:
    2003 Blast (Blue), 2001 XBlast (Rex), 2007 XB9R Firebolt (Bolt)

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GEDC0073.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	986.0 KB 
ID:	5800 Just trying to get the battery out, not disassemble the bike.

The Boss
    (Admin)
  5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Judsonkillian View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GEDC0073.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	986.0 KB 
ID:	5800 Just trying to get the battery out, not disassemble the bike.
    Oh, hmm....that seat should come up with two screws under the back corners.

That's quite different subframe than 1190, closer to a Firebolt. Though even a Firebolt doesn't have the battery shoved that far up there.
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!

Okay, so I've replaced the battery, got it all hooked up, and when I hit the start switch, it just makes a faint clicking noise in the rear. I think it may be the starter solenoid, but being as I don't want to risk messing anything up, I'm taking it slow Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GEDC0103.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	965.6 KB 
ID:	5801

8. Default

Did you charge the new battery before installing it?
    *** 2009 Blast *** V&H Exhaust *** Dan's Intake System Along With Recommended Jetting By Dan *** Yellow Skins Purchased, New Old Stock, From Dealers Who Used Yellow Blasts For Riders Edge ***
    *** Pirelli Diablo Tire Front *** Pirelli ST 66 140 70S 16 Tire Rear***

*** Hope To Work On Suspension Next ***

I was going to say, couldn't get it to crank, everything else works fine, all the fuses are okay, I decided I'm just going to take it to the Harley dealer to get diagnosed/fixed. All the fuses are okay, and though I have the manual and the electrical schematics, I'd rather have it done professionally. We have a cycle repair shop in our village, they said they don't have the diagnostic equipment for it. Plus I feel better wirh the dealer.

For my 1125CR...

Works fine so far. Haven't taken it on long rides beyond an hour. I pretty much plug it in to charge after about every ride. The 1125CR charging system is all kinds of fail. Had a few times it got a little scary for voltage. A lot of maintenance for this battery.
    Last edited by just_some_dude; 12-06-2017 at 09:00 PM.
    AMSOIL DEALER #5149220

The Boss
    (Admin)
  12. Default

Diagnostic equipment? It's a carb'd Harley motor...

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:

Like us on Facebook!