Thread:

Default It's been 6 years but I'm back

Hey guys, long time no post! its been 6 years since I rode the Blast. It was due to it being taken apart and doing a custom build. That's right! At the time there was only one other person who had attempted this, and I don't remember his name.

A am finishing with the XB rear swingarm, XB subframe, XB fuel cover....etc. Its coming along nice. Ill try to post up pictures as it progresses. Currently have the subframe welded back to the Blast frame, and moving on to the rear sets.

The best part about it is that I am a fully functioning shop now. Back when I took it apart, I had no idea what I was getting myself into. But now I do! I've got full welding fabrication, CNC (perfect for making my rear sets) and powdercoating too.

This will be a fun little venture I have planned. What I may need help in the coming future will be putting this thing back together. I saved every nut and bolt and labeled all the connections, but it's not fresh in my mind. I do have a FSM so that will help alot, but it's a FrankenBuell now, so everything is going to be a little different.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	553252_10151431667420484_1438509777_n.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	5834
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 537759_10151783664480484_1816522102_n.jpg  
    Last edited by MFCOffroad; 07-02-2018 at 06:10 PM.

Looks like a fun project!

It should be. Gotta get the wife off my back and finish it