Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread:

2. Default

I like the Banke set up, you can adjust it for high or low and to get in between just use short racing pegs in the low position and then you'll have a ton more clearance and be more comfortable than the high position. On the shift side - all that hardware is replaceable with XB parts, and for all the bolts - blue loctite is your friend!!!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maul.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	5340
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LaterMaul.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	5341
    Blast Maul
    EZ

4. Default

how much did the banke set end up costing? and I did see that thread on this sight and it is very tempting. but even custom is still costly
    Mr.McGraw

$560!!!!! an extra 50 or 60 for the powder coat. BUT!!! the kit is all inclusive and you dont have to tap your transmission cover.
    if you decide to try custom its still can be picey. dont go by the prices on the custom rearset thread either. The xb shifter i had price by harley was almost $150 for the xb shifter assembly. same part #s. then add an addition 60 or so bucks for pegs. about 60-90 dollars for the aluminum plate easy. and then you still need all the little hardware pieces too (spacers and new bolts.)
    and like i said. i never fabed aluminum before. so by the time i spent close to 3hundo on pieces and hope to try and make a least bit appealing mount i was better off with the banke

The Boss
    (Admin)
  7. Default

I know a CNC place that will do the brackets our of 3/8" Aluminum for about $95/pc. Then you factor in all the bolts, pegs, linkages...yeah it's a lil pricey.

Looks good, Dyl!!
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:
    2003 Blast (Blue), 2001 XBlast (Rex), 2007 XB9R Firebolt (Bolt)

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Jet-Lee View Post
    I know a CNC place that will do the brackets our of 3/8" Aluminum for about $95/pc. Then you factor in all the bolts, pegs, linkages...yeah it's a lil pricey.

Looks good, Dyl!!
    lol thats not my lady in the red dress. She is a beaut tho.

and really? 95 isnt bad at all. raw plate is around 60 depending by itself. i couldnt find anything like that around me. a friend had a plasma machine that cut steel plate. but steel sounded heavy and bulky. i tried to just price powder coating locally and dude wants a 100 bucks to do the two brackets.

The Boss
    (Admin)
  10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dylthepickle View Post
    lol thats not my lady in the red dress. She is a beaut tho.

and really? 95 isnt bad at all. raw plate is around 60 depending by itself. i couldnt find anything like that around me. a friend had a plasma machine that cut steel plate. but steel sounded heavy and bulky. i tried to just price powder coating locally and dude wants a 100 bucks to do the two brackets.
    lol, wasn't paying attention, that's Ed's old bike. The place I talked to, I would send them AutoCAD drawings of what I needed cut, they would cut and ship it to me. Needed a gear with custom teeth and no one wanted less than $600/ea to do it; I drew it up, sent it to these guys, and they send it back with a final cost of like $600 for four.

http://cuttingedgeprecisionmfg.com/

Also, our own Stang181 (doesn't frequent the board much lately), used to have a powder coating setup and was pretty affordable.
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:
    2003 Blast (Blue), 2001 XBlast (Rex), 2007 XB9R Firebolt (Bolt)

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!

Has anyone tried to put an S3 shifter on the blast? Thinking about ordering one and seeing how it goes

13. Default

Johnnyblast, please be sure to post an introduction in the Introduction section of the Forum: found here - http://buellridersonline.com/forum/f...splay.php?f=46
    2008 Buell Blast - 8000 miles
    Modified Stock Exhaust - 45/175 jetting, No Needle Shim, Idle Mix: 2.75 turns out
    Denso Iridium Racing Spark Plug
    Pirelli Diablo Front - 110/70-16
    Michelin CityGrip Rear - 140/70-16

Blast Mods and Tips -- Blast General Parts List -- Part Number Updates
    Mechanical Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by reggiereps View Post
    Custom build Buell Blast for sale. Custom paint job. Rear hump is hand laid fiberglass. all light are LED. Drag bars. Vance & Hines Custom exhaust. Carb. has been modified. Rear sets are hand made from aluminum. Tires are wider than stock. Nice riding bike. Great for a beginner or a young person.
    $3000 or BO
    where did you get some of the after market part and are they still being made? do you know if anyone makes a hump for the back of the seat like yours. my buell is completely stock except for the exhaust and i want to make it have a street fighter look but not acually be a street fighter like yours.