Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread:

Practicality is one thing im def looking at in a bike. I sometimes commute to work on my bike rather then driving a car. From the sounds of it the Blast will be a great bike for what i need it for.

Hey Darkrider, it looks like you are going in for the buy--thats great! If you buy a used Blast I recomend that you check the following: (1) the famous "carb boot"-- this little thingy is a rubber fitting between the carb and the engine and is the cause of about 75% of blast problems. It is cheap to replace and you can find many threads on this site about the care and feeding of "das boot". (Thump-e has invented a replacement boot which is supposed to be bullet proof-- but I don't have one to comment about) (2) Check your spark plug to see if it has a screw on tip -- if it does, pull the plug and locktite the tip or buy one with a solid tip. If the tip comes loose the bike will stop and you will be hard pressed to figure out why. (This is the voice of experience speaking) By the way, the Blast EATS rear tires and you just have to live with it, but the tires are not that expensive to replace. I have put 13,000 miles on my bike in just one year and I love it! It is a great commuter ride.

I think its safe to say that my search for a Blast begins......Now...So the main years to look at are either 2001s or anything newer then 2003? Most of the used ones i have seen for sale so far have been 03s and 04s.

6. Default

yep, but an 00-02 can be just as good with a little love and work. if you're a good mechanic, you can fix the issues. don't pass up a great deal just because it's pre-03.

From what i understand the 00-02s are a lil quicker then the 03+?

9. Default

Just the 00 year due to the sprocket change out - top speed of 100 mph - rest of the years 96 mph.
    EZ

Wow...8 years later and i remember i even have an account on here. Ultimately ended up picking up a Yamaha DT250 at one point as well as a Honda CBR600. Got rid of the 600 about 4 years ago before i met the girl that is now my wife. Had a couple other bikes filter through the collection in that time as well. Then ultimately ended up taking a rider course on the bike that more or less fitted where the Blast was in the HD line up and that was the Street 500. Great little bike...riding it and the Street 750 during this past test ride phase while shopping for a bike had me thinking of the Blasts again. However just after this last test phase i ended up picking up one of the larger HD models in the form of an '01 Softail Deuce. With that all said as way of reintroduction i am now looking at the idea of a Blast again just as a little urban bike to run around when i am not wanting to get out there on the bigger one.

The Boss
    (Admin)
  12. Default

Everyone comes back at some point! Welcome back!

I'm actually selling my Blue Blast.

There's the whole shipping to Canada thing...but that's up to you. lol
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:
    2003 Blast (Blue), 2001 XBlast (Rex), 2007 XB9R Firebolt (Bolt)

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Jet-Lee View Post
    Everyone comes back at some point! Welcome back!

I'm actually selling my Blue Blast.

There's the whole shipping to Canada thing...but that's up to you. lol
    Thanks!

Yea that might be a little costly lol, I was convinced i was gonna end up on a Buell or a Sporty at one stage in terms of HD ownership. Least expected myself to end up on one of the bigger 1450 cc softails lol.