Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread:

Since your rewiring, I'm about to do the same, can I relocate the front motor to frame ground to where the air box bracket bolt was then run it to a ground bus then bus to negative terminal? Don't want to have a bad ground. The front one after I replaced it with a wire that was not flexible enough broke and then grounded through the harness melting half of it😠

Posted from my Buell using Buell Riders Online mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by blastardpaul View Post
    Since your rewiring, I'm about to do the same, can I relocate the front motor to frame ground to where the air box bracket bolt was then run it to a ground bus then bus to negative terminal? Don't want to have a bad ground. The front one after I replaced it with a wire that was not flexible enough broke and then grounded through the harness melting half of it��

Posted from my Buell using Buell Riders Online mobile app
    I replied to your other thread.

- - - Updated - - -

has anyone successfully removed/relocated the top motor mount? it is causing an unimaginable amount of grief with my gas tank fabrication, and I hate it.
    i'm assuming the answer is "deal with it and get back to work", but would love input.
    Last edited by miktweedie; 08-29-2017 at 06:38 PM.

anyone got an answer on this?

The Boss
    (Admin)
  5. Default

Have you looked at the small brackets we make to adapt XB heads to Blast frames? Maybe something similar to mount it somewhere else.

Part of your problem is that the engine is a stressed member of the frame, so you can't just remove the joint entirely.
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:
    2003 Blast (Blue), 2001 XBlast (Rex), 2007 XB9R Firebolt (Bolt)

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!

that makes sense, thanks. I'll look into brackets and relocation.

man, I cant wait to finish this damn thing, haha.

The Boss
    (Admin)
  8. Default

I'll have to look when I get home, but is it possible to lower the bracket on the frame vertically and then mount the heim joint from the bottom of the boss on the head? Should be able to tap straight through, iirc.
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:
    2003 Blast (Blue), 2001 XBlast (Rex), 2007 XB9R Firebolt (Bolt)

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!