Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread:

Any update? I probably missed it on another thread, but I'd love to see the SX back in business...

The Boss
    (Admin)
  3. Default

So I got my medical settlement. Threw that into savings until the baby gets older and we get back to house improvements.

Oh yeah, my new daughter was born on July 2nd! Pics to come.

EBR just received the old steering head two days ago, so they can now stamp the new frame and send it back for reassembly. Process is taking forever. I miss my bike.
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:
    2003 Blast (Blue), 2001 XBlast (Rex), 2007 XB9R Firebolt (Bolt)

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!

The Boss
    (Admin)
  5. Default

Long story short, the shop has refused to return my motorcycle, refused to provide invoice to me for payment, refused to provide supplement to insurance for payment, is not licensed in the state of CA to perform automotive repair (per Bureau of Automotive Repair) and is now on the receiving end of a lawsuit. I have had to sue the owner of the shop in attempt to get my motorcycle back, despite the shop having been paid in excess of $13k so far. Furthermore, after having been served with the lawsuit, instead of releasing my motorcycle their response was, "I'll see you in court."

This has been a nightmare.
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!

The Boss
    (Admin)
  7. Default

Wow, so much has happened since this. I'll piece it together...

The shop, Bay Area Racing (owned and operated by Dean Hodel) did not show up to the court hearing and I won a default judgement. He maintained arrogance and was very argumentative with my suggestions for settling his debt. Once I started legal proceedings to collect the judgement (in lieu of the motorcycle) he became very apologetic, very quickly. The motorcycle was returned to me after 13 months of "repair".

Parts were missing; hell, they still are.

The rear axle had never been replaced. The nut and axle had been rashed really badly in the accident. The steering damper was in a sandwich baggy and missing hardware. Body panel hardware was missing and panels were held on by a single screw, if any at all. Decals missing. One of the radiator brackets was missing; these were not even required to be removed for the work he was doing. The stator cover had been replaced with a used piece off another motorcycles, instead of the new piece he was paid for. Seat is a rashed one from someone's stunt bike, not my perfect seat that went with the bike.

I've replaced so many parts on this thing, almost up to $1k in post-shop repairs due to his negligence and lies.

The motor was not torqued into the frame. Bolts were hanging out of the engine case, they were so loose. He claimed he checked the torque on the stator (300 lbs/ft) yet when I torqued it this past weekend, it was nowhere near spec and was making a shit-ton of noise.

I'm getting pissed again, just from reiterating all this bullshit. From my experience and in my opinion, Dean is a liar, a thief, and a fraudulent mechanic.

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:

Like us on Facebook!

9. Default

Lee, I don't know how California works but I think I would sue him for the damages and missing parts.

Kenny G
    *** 2009 Blast *** V&H Exhaust *** Dan's Intake System Along With Recommended Jetting By Dan *** Yellow Skins Purchased, New Old Stock, From Dealers Who Used Yellow Blasts For Riders Edge ***
    *** Pirelli Diablo Tire Front *** Pirelli ST 66 140 70S 16 Tire Rear***

*** Hope To Work On Suspension Next ***