Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread:

While you provide great visual references, the tire well change shape when leaned over from the dynamic forces.

The tire manafacture should list the acceptable rim range. Does the Blast rim fall within the range of the 130 and 140 tires?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

The Boss
    (Admin)
  3. Default

He listed the mfgr recommended sizes and stock Blast wheel sizes in the first post.

Posted from my Buell using Buell Riders Online mobile app
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:
    2003 Blast (Blue), 2001 XBlast (Rex), 2007 XB9R Firebolt (Bolt)

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!

5. Default

Shinko SR568R Rear Scooter Tire - 140/70S-16/Blackwall https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002KR6HQW..._IEQWybC4C986F

2008 Buell Blast - 8000 miles
    Modified Stock Exhaust - 45/175 jetting, No Needle Shim, Idle Mix: 2.75 turns out
    Denso Iridium Racing Spark Plug
    Pirelli Diablo Front - 110/70-16
    Michelin CityGrip Rear - 140/70-16

Blast Mods and Tips -- Blast General Parts List -- Part Number Updates
    Mechanical Engineer

Speaking of tires (and the recommended sizes for fronts), I have a ST-66 front (110/80/16), brand new, that I am *not going to use. I like the stock MT-75 fronts too much to switch.

If someone wants it (this is the type of tire that our legendary Maggie used - the ST66), they can have it for very little money.

Just shoot me a PM...

Noobie
  8. Default

I replaced my viper strokes 140 70 16 with the Shinko 120 80 16 the original tire size this weekend and I can tell the difference it feels smoother through the leans on corners than the oversized tire. Thanks for the info in this thread. I also replaced the brakes front and rear.

Noobie
  10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Cabinetmaker View Post
    I replaced my viper strokes 140 70 16 with the Shinko 120 80 16 the original tire size this weekend and I can tell the difference it feels smoother through the leans on corners than the oversized tire. Thanks for the info in this thread. I also replaced the brakes front and rear.

Viper strikes sorry auto correct

I also have Shinko tires on my bike. Got them from 4WO|Truck Parts & Motorcycle last April. I'm not a super aggressive rider. So far they are holding up well. Good handling and very sticky.