Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread:

The Boss
    (Admin)
  2. Default

It would be far easier to get an XB throttle body, injectors, harness, sensors, fuel pump and ECM and utilize tuning notes developed over 15 years...than to go with Megasquirt, or similar, and be on your own. The EFI system alone is going to run you close to $1000, if not a little more.

Con-rods, it really depends on how you want to proceed with your build.

Honestly, if you're having to ask these types of questions, I really think this isn't something you should attempt. I can't tell you exactly what to do, otherwise it's my build and you may not like the end result.
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:
    2003 Blast (Blue), 2001 XBlast (Rex), 2007 XB9R Firebolt (Bolt)

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!

Noobie
  4. Default

I'm taking an motorcycle engine class and am learning about engine builds in general and am just trying to learn the blast/buell line up. Its my first in depth engine build. I will browse the forms more and research a lot more. Thank you for your help.
    Come to the darkside we have a blast

The Boss
    (Admin)
  6. Default

I don't mean to dissuade you, just some of what you're asking either costs more than it's worth, or it's not possible.

Never machine a Harley crankshaft for more stroke. It will always be cheaper to buy a new one with the stroke you want. There are bigger companies with better tools than the machinist down the road.

When stroke changes, con-rod must change. Whether you use a different model's parts depends on exactly what you're doing and part compatibility.

As I thought about it, I'm pretty sure you can't take a XB12 crank and put it in a Blast motor because they use different main bearings. XB's slide in and out where Blasts need pressed apart, depending on year iirc.
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:
    2003 Blast (Blue), 2001 XBlast (Rex), 2007 XB9R Firebolt (Bolt)

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!