Thread:

Noobie
  2. Default What to look for in used Buell?

Hi all,

I've read through some of the posts in this particular forum, but there don't seem to have been many recent ones.

I will be moving to the States in February, and would really like to get a Buell. The 1125R / 1125CR seem to be the best match for what I want, but can anyone give me advice on what to look for when buying? It sounds like the 2009 models were the best batch before the numbskulls at HD deep-sixed Buell. Are there any common issues (easily wearing parts, leaks, recalls, etc.) that I should be wary of?

Thank you much,

Christopher

Lol, did you end up getting abike?Just curious to see how it all faired out. Wana see how long these buells realistically can last

6. Default

If it runs, shifts, steers and stops - it's good - they are all the same basically - and any improvements can be made after the fact inexpensively with a bit of hunting.
    EZ

- - - Updated - - -

There are a few Tubers with over 100,000 miles, a good number of XBs and Blasts, and the 1125s have been eaten by the rice group - they think 50000 and the bike should retire - lol - or be rebuilt. Have yet to hear of a high mileage one - lol
    EZ

Quote Originally Posted by ezblast View Post
    If it runs, shifts, steers and stops - it's good - they are all the same basically - and any improvements can be made after the fact inexpensively with a bit of hunting.
    EZ

- - - Updated - - -

There are a few Tubers with over 100,000 miles, a good number of XBs
    and Blasts, and the 1125s have been eaten by the rice group - they think 50000 and the bike should retire - lol - or be rebuilt. Have yet to hear of a high mileage one - lol
    EZ
    1125R here with 77,000 miles